May 02, 2024, 12:01:41 AM

News:

2011 dyna front end noise

Started by bxbutch, May 15, 2021, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bxbutch

my friend has a 11 dyna with a hard riding noisey front suspension i remember reading about this problem in past  and repairs but dont remember what any help would be appreciated Thanks Butch

roadkingdresser

Don't know if this pertains to your problem or not. A friend brought his dyna to me complaining about a noise in the front end. I took that thing for a ride and it scared the hell out of me. After checking it over, finally found the front fuel tank bolts was just loose enough to let the tank bounce on the bolts.
roadkingdresser

Rusticwater

Steering head bearing adjustment? Any more details on the how/when/type of noise? How many miles on the bike?
Support the Maine lobster industry

Hossamania

The FL front ends are known to break the pinch bolts for the fork tubes, not sure if the dyna has the same issue.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

bigfoot5x

My wife has a 2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom. She hit a real bad bump on an exit ramp in Mississippi years ago. Her bike made a nasty bump sound after that. I was afraid a motor mount had broken. Turned out to be a loose gas tank, also. I had removed and replaced the tank. I thought I had tightened it hard enough but I didn't. It allowed the tank to bounce.

sprocket99

Besides the tank bolts, the front motor mount should also be checked out.