April 28, 2024, 06:43:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Forward type controls on 2004 Ultra

Started by Cozz, May 15, 2021, 02:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozz

Need some ideas on converting to front pegs instead of foot boards.  I'm too cramped up with the boards, it's getting uncomfortable these days. Would like to stretch out more with a lower foot / heel position, similar to forwards but not spending 1000 dollars doing it. Seems like there would be some kind of peg mounts to accomplish this.
2004 Electraglide Ultra Classic

FSG

not my pic but I fitted a pair of 'kw stretcher' pegs to the underside of the footboards on my 03 Fatty

they worked well, I'll find a better pic n post

calif phil

Accutronix has a nice selection for forward controls for your 2004.  I installed a set on a 2002 RK and I could hardly reach them.  But the owner was taller than me and loved them. 

Cozz

Yes they look really nice. Trying to do this without spending a grand, :wink:

koko3052

Took the floor boards off my '05 Fatty, fabbed some triangular plates from 3/8" plate, mounted some forward controls to those plates & voila! Don't make those triangular plates too long, or you won't be able to turn the handlebars very much! :embarrassed:
Send me your email for some pics as I don't know how to do that here.

boggart

Not forward pegs, but do exactly what you describe wanting to do with your foot position.   https://www.tallboyscycles.com/

Cozz

Been on the fence over the tall boys brackets. I thought I would investigate the floorboard to peg conversion first, since I'd rather have legs than boards.  There doesn't seem to be anything out there for pre 09 frames. At least not that I can find.  I did find a couple pics of pegs that attach to just the stock forward floorboard brackets. Not good pictures, hard to tell if anything is welded or not, or what parts were used.

Cozz

Cozz

apes

I bought a shifter arm and break arm from Walters Workshop and it lets me stretch out a bit...I am6'3"
This was a while ago but their contact info

Walter's Workshop
Little River, SC 29566

Toll Free: 888-438-2108
Fax: 843-399-2112
Email: info@waltersworkshop.com

Cozz