March 28, 2024, 09:06:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S sidewinder 2 into 1

Started by tbird, May 16, 2021, 06:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbird

Anyone tried the s&s sidewinder 2 into 1 ? Not a lot of pipes to choose from for older bikes

Deye76

Pipes are like oil, tires, shocks, seats, handlebars, air cleaners, and a host of other parts. You don't give a lot of information on the bike or what attributes you are looking for.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

tbird

07 ultra, stage 2, Andrews 48,  had to replace y pipe twice in 38,000 miles. True duals with mufflers cost more than a 2 into 1. Might as well get the performance benefit with the 2 into 1, Is the S&S loud? Not many pipes out there for the older frame.

HogMike

Quote from: tbird on May 16, 2021, 07:58:52 PM
07 ultra, stage 2, Andrews 48,  had to replace y pipe twice in 38,000 miles. True duals with mufflers cost more than a 2 into 1. Might as well get the performance benefit with the 2 into 1, Is the S&S loud? Not many pipes out there for the older frame.

You can keep your mufflers, etc and just get the conversation kit to ditch the Y pipe.
I broke a couple of Y pipes on my 1995 evo, then got the conversion 2 into 2 kit and have it on ever since 2009.
Just another option.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

tbird

You talking the full sac conversion kit?? want to replace mufflers anyhow. Have a set of v&h ovals, they rattle like I'm dragging tin cans down the road

misfitJason

I heard one on a 124.  It's not terribly loud.  Nice construction
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

Deye76

"Not many pipes out there for the older frame."
Supertrapp has one (2X1), as does Bassani, and Thunderheader, and Vance & Hines. Of the 4 the ST is the quietest followed by the V&H, and it's toss up between the Bassani & the TH.
Looks like V&H has the X duals pipe for your bike too.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

tbird

I can't find SuperTrapp or thunderheader, I've had 2 V&Hines systems,  wouldn't waste my money again.

HogMike

Quote from: tbird on May 16, 2021, 08:39:26 PM
You talking the full sac conversion kit?? want to replace mufflers anyhow. Have a set of v&h ovals, they rattle like I'm dragging tin cans down the road

I went his true dual setup with cvo mufflers and 2" cores on my 113"
Fairly quiet until you open the throttle then a nice bark. Not obnoxious IMHO.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

thunderrat

tbird,  What year is your bike?   I put a 2:1 sidewinder on my 09 FLH and ran it for about a year (it fits 1993 through 2013 models).   It was louder than I liked so I switched to a Supertrapp.  I need to clean out the garage a bit so will make ya a good deal.  If you're interested PM me and I'll fill ya in on the details................ted

hattitude

Don't rule out Rinehart...

I have a Rinehart 2-1 on my softail and it's a nice, deep sound, but not too loud, IMHO... it replaced a Bassani that I didn't like at all (poor fit & finish).

They make that same pipe for the touring bikes too..

https://rinehartracing.com/product/touring-2-into-1-system/

It's cheaper and looks a lot like the S&S Sidewinder...