April 25, 2024, 06:28:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Pigtails or Hayden oil fix

Started by 1340evo, May 19, 2021, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

Quote from: JW113 on May 20, 2021, 08:29:29 AM
Quote from: 1340evo on May 20, 2021, 04:07:34 AM
Looks an interesting item, but guess it is just a ribber flap onto a seat. Mine is bottom breathing and I just run the pipe to a small filter under the bike.... Will this improve anything? it may help create a bit of negative pressure maybe?

My Evo, Shovel, and Indian are all case breathers, and I have one of these vent valves in the vent line on all of them. This essentially copies the same idea as head breathers, in fact the valve (which is replaceable) looks just like the valve in a head breather. It's just a one way rubber valve.

-JW
What's the difference between this and a $5 inline PCV valve, I get the concept and don't disagree with the idea.

1340evo

Quote from: HD Street Performance on May 31, 2021, 08:57:30 AM
Quote from: JW113 on May 20, 2021, 08:29:29 AM
Quote from: 1340evo on May 20, 2021, 04:07:34 AM
Looks an interesting item, but guess it is just a ribber flap onto a seat. Mine is bottom breathing and I just run the pipe to a small filter under the bike.... Will this improve anything? it may help create a bit of negative pressure maybe?

My Evo, Shovel, and Indian are all case breathers, and I have one of these vent valves in the vent line on all of them. This essentially copies the same idea as head breathers, in fact the valve (which is replaceable) looks just like the valve in a head breather. It's just a one way rubber valve.

-JW
What's the difference between this and a $5 inline PCV valve, I get the concept and don't disagree with the idea.

What type of valve?.. like a one way valve with a ball and spring, or a rubber disc type?.. they may be available where as these arn't

kd

The automotive PCV valve is not a positive seal.  It will bypass in the closed position.  It was a topic of discussion here a couple of years or so previous.
KD

1340evo

Quote from: kd on May 31, 2021, 11:31:46 AM
The automotive PCV valve is not a positive seal.  It will bypass in the closed position.  It was a topic of discussion here a couple of years or so previous.

But does the one JW113 posted work?

SIFTON CASE BREATHER VENT PCV VALVE

Ohio HD

You can give S&S $13.95 a piece for them.

S&S

or

Two for $4.30

Amazon

Same valve either way.

ghostrider

Quote from: 1340evo on May 29, 2021, 10:33:23 AM
Okay, pigtails made.. just wondering how long the head is.. don't want it too long as it will take on heat and creat a hot spot... any idea what thread length you've used as I could always make these a tad shorter

A little late, but here ya go.