May 05, 2024, 08:52:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

DRL-400 Issue

Started by Badger711, May 27, 2021, 09:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger711

Have a head scratcher here.

2007 FXDB, 117", stock coil/wires. Tuned with powervision. Dynatek DRL-400-HD-EFI 2 step module installed, triggered by 12v ran through the clutch switch.

Low limit triggers and engages as it should. High limit engages at 5500RPM regardless of high limit setting, or tune setting. Tune RPM limit is set to 6500. Unplug the 2 step and it revs to 65 no issues.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.
Dalton
2007 FXDB, 117"

hrdtail78

You are triggering purple with 12 volts and red is taped up?  When hitting high rev limiter at 5500, is the limit light coming on?  If it is.  The module is triggering the limit.  If the light isn't coming on.  Something else is triggering the upper limit.  Do you have programmable shift light on it also.  I have seen them mess with the DRL-400.  I would also make sure you have a good ground.

Since it is only the high that seems to be messing with you.  Got another bike you can hook it up to just to trouble shoot the high limit.  Jump it in between coil and ECM and find a good ground is all that would be needed.  Dyna has good warranty repair if it is the unit.
Semper Fi

kd

May 27, 2021, 10:24:38 AM #2 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 12:55:57 PM by kd
The module may have a preset minimum, then you add to by switching the toggles. Call them at Dyna.  The techs are very helpful. Take the ID off of the modules before you call.
KD

Badger711

Have contacted dynatek, they are stumped as well.

And yes, 12v going to purple. and Yes, module is triggering the high limit. Doesn't matter if I set the hi limit toggle switch to 9000 or 6000, still limits at 5500. No programmable shift light, only other add-on electronics on the bike is an ultra cool oil cooler.
Dalton
2007 FXDB, 117"

Badger711

Module is also grounded straight to battery negative, have changed ground to engine as well with no change. I'm stumped, leaning towards bad module but I want to avoid the trouble of replacing if it's not the module.
Dalton
2007 FXDB, 117"