April 18, 2024, 11:55:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS what am I doing wrong?

Started by RoadKingKohn, May 26, 2021, 07:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoadKingKohn

I have a 2005 FLHRCI that I installed Daytona TwinTech WEGO with Wide Band O2 sensors.
I have a 95 cu in with HQ-0034-G cams, 2006 stock heads and throttle body with a KN filter, True Dual with SuperTrapp mufflers (not the disc type but the SE type), CP pistons at about 10 to 1 compression.

I have updated all the programs and the driver for the cable (The last time I had to use the program was in 2008 or 2009.).  The TTS connects and I can download the program from the ECU to the computer as a .MTE file. I can find the file. My problem is I cannot get the .MTE file to open to make changes to it. What am I doing wrong? Yes I have read the manual again. Just cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Ohio HD

MTE file is the stock HD tune file. You can't change it with TTS. You have to use a TTS base map downloaded into the ECM, then run V Tunes.

rigidthumper

May 26, 2021, 08:29:12 PM #2 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 04:38:34 AM by rigidthumper
I'd prolly start with the BEV127-05-A1.MT9 file, use the WEGO to measure AFR out, and edit the VE tables until AFR measured = AFR desired.
Vtune only works a blue VCI & factory 02 sensors, or the green VCI and WEGO combo.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ohio HD

Thanks Robin, I do remember now v tune must work through the ECM only. 

RoadKingKohn

Thank you Gentlemen.

Sounds like I have to start all over again then. I had my tune on another computer with windows 7. Could not get it to connect. Might try reloading the cable driver again.

Does the older version with MT7 files still work?

rigidthumper

What version of MT are you using? Do you have a black VCI, or blue? The black VCIs didn't hold a copy of the tuned map, the blue ones hold both the factory map (MTE file)and the last flashed map.

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 27, 2021, 09:00:54 AM
What version of MT are you using? Do you have a black VCI, or blue? The black VCIs didn't hold a copy of the tuned map, the blue ones hold both the factory map (MTE file)and the last flashed map.

Black from about 2007. I had downloaded and saved all the tuning files that I had done to my computer.

rigidthumper

You should be able to open the latest version of MT, and then open your saved map. It will ask you to copy/paste your values into the latest version of your base, before continuing.

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 27, 2021, 11:10:44 AM
You should be able to open the latest version of MT, and then open your saved map. It will ask you to copy/paste your values into the latest version of your base, before continuing.

Now all I need is for my old computer to cooperate and give up the information to the new computer. Wish me luck. It is Microsoft.

rigidthumper

Can you email me the old file?
r dot thiem at att dot net

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 27, 2021, 03:25:01 PM

I can give it a try.

mine is wakawe55 at aol dot com

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 27, 2021, 03:25:01 PM

Email sent. My guess is that it will end up in your junk mail because of the attachments of the files.

hrdtail78

These are new mods compared to what was originally tuned?  Exhaust, cam, and head work?  If so, why is the old map even needed and would you be better just starting from scratch with the latest MT9 calibration?
Semper Fi

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: hrdtail78 on May 28, 2021, 10:35:53 AM
These are new mods compared to what was originally tuned?  Exhaust, cam, and head work?  If so, why is the old map even needed and would you be better just starting from scratch with the latest MT9 calibration?

The only Mod to the bike from the old tuned was a change in tire brand. Was running Avons and switched back to Dunlop Elite. The problem all started when the old computer would not let me connect to the ECU anymore. Because of this I could not change the tire diameter.

rigidthumper was able to tell that the original program that I used was for a European HD. I will be starting over using the recommended MT9 file that rigidthumper suggested.

So it is back to square one. Will start the runs once my wrist has healed.

hrdtail78

Quote from: RoadKingKohn on May 28, 2021, 11:51:54 AM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on May 28, 2021, 10:35:53 AM

The only Mod to the bike from the old tuned was a change in tire brand. Was running Avons and switched back to Dunlop Elite. The problem all started when the old computer would not let me connect to the ECU anymore. Because of this I could not change the tire diameter.

rigidthumper was able to tell that the original program that I used was for a European HD. I will be starting over using the recommended MT9 file that rigidthumper suggested.

So it is back to square one. Will start the runs once my wrist has healed.

Gotch ya.  Makes sense.
Semper Fi