March 28, 2024, 05:13:54 AM

News:

Mini Ape Hanger Bars

Started by Ohio HD, June 01, 2021, 04:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

I want to put some taller bars on my 2008 Street Glide. Nothing really tall, maybe 14". I'm leaning towards pre-wired kits.

I wonder if anyone can give feed back on bars from Hill Country Custom Cycles? I like these because they come with everything from switches, wiring, options for cruise control, etc. and clutch cable.

JARHEAD APE HANGER

Or if you've used another manufacturer of pre wired bar kits, I'd like to know your likes and dislikes of them.

hbkeith

Not for that many $ , couple times i ran apes i extended wires  and bought cables

Timetrader

Yes,used a 14" prewired for a 17 roadking,tbw,this was a no nonsense,no mumbo jumbo company to do business with,everything plug n play as they advertised,i would consider them again without hesitation,and they have customer service people on their phones that actually know the product their selling and can answer questions intelligently and accurately.

Hossamania

A friend of mine got a set for his kid's Heritage, must have installed easily because he didn't call asking for help. He just showed up with them on and I was impressed, and happy that I didn't have to do another set of apes.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Ohio HD

Quote from: Timetrader on June 01, 2021, 07:28:34 PM
Yes,used a 14" prewired for a 17 roadking,tbw,this was a no nonsense,no mumbo jumbo company to do business with,everything plug n play as they advertised,i would consider them again without hesitation,and they have customer service people on their phones that actually know the product their selling and can answer questions intelligently and accurately.

Thanks for the feedback on them. I've heard they're a decent company, but appreciate hearing it here. Thanks for the helpful comment.    :up:

boooby1744

The diagram shows how they measure,but no measurements. What did I miss?

Coyote

I'm glad to see so may replies that actually address the question.  :up:

Fugawee

I too, have personal experience with Hill Country.  A Buddy of mine turned Me on to them years back.  I had zero issues with the Bars, and associated components.  Many Friends have dealt with them as well...with no problems at all.  Switches, Cables, Brake Line(s), etc. were the required lengths.  Not too long, or too short; and all quality products.   Good Luck!

Ohio HD

Thanks. Nice to hear the lengths were correct and all parts fit well.

e-glide90

Used them a couple winters ago for mini-apes on my 2000 Deuce. Everything fit perfect and simple wiring being plug-n-play.  Would not hesitate to use again.  :up:

Ohio HD

Thank you, I appreciate the first hand feedback on them. Sounds like they do a great job setting the kits up.   :up:

Ohio HD

Quote from: boooby1744 on June 01, 2021, 09:08:44 PM
The diagram shows how they measure,but no measurements. What did I miss?

When you select a set of bars to look at, scroll to the bottom of the page, the dimensions are listed.

HC-BBHB14C-13

Ohio HD

I sent these guys an email last night, they answered me around 10:30 am this morning. I sent another email replying to their email, they just now sent me a return email. These guys really do have their s#*t together.

calif phil

I think your OEM switches will be better quality. 

Buglet

I would stick with the OEM switches. I haven't found any aftermarket switches I would use.