2005 electic glide classic

Started by brent, June 02, 2021, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brent

2005 has 103 cvo motor how do you tell what year the motor is

koko3052

Should be able to send the "stamped" engine ID to the dealer. :nix:

kd

Remember that if you haven't had eyeballs on that engine since it came into existence, getting the year from the VIN number (if it's real) is the age of the crankcase halves only. 2005 was an 88 inch platform with some differences in the engine / transmission and primary mating.  A google search for Harley year and model of engines will give you literally tons of information.  No real need to go to the dealer. 
KD

koko3052

Quote from: kd on June 02, 2021, 10:52:42 AM
Remember that if you haven't had eyeballs on that engine since it came into existence, getting the year from the VIN number (if it's real) is the age of the crankcase halves only. 2005 was an 88 inch platform with some differences in the engine / transmission and primary mating.  A google search for Harley year and model of engines will give you literally tons of information.  No real need to go to the dealer.

You have to remember that he said "103 CVO". That is not a built engine but a factory engine.

brent

it was a stolen motorcyle i guess i should have said it says on motor screaming eagle 103 a shop did got it from ins company found a chart online        that should help

Hossamania

I'll bet if the motor number were posted here, you would have your answer shortly....
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

charlie

check ur vin count down 10 should be a number tells u what year did on all my bikes early ones 2000 up

rigidthumper

A sample VIN for a 2005 CVO EG would be something like 1HD1PKE155K567891
The engine number for that sample would be PK5567891
PK= CVO Electra Glide (103 with SE253 cams)
5= 2005 model year
567891 = assembly line vehicle sequence #
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

motorhogman

As said above.. FLT 2001 SM shows 10th digit is the year.
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

brent

FSG

FSG

Quote from: brent on June 05, 2021, 04:58:25 PM
Does fcw5667804 look right

I'll say a 2002 ULTRA CLASSIC (FLHTCUI)

brent

Does that mean he has a 2002 motor and somebody put a 103 inch screaming eagle top end on it

FSG

could be as that  FCW is telling me a 2002 Ultra ....  BUT  being a stolen bike it could be anything

need to get the VIN from the neck and go from there 

brent

just wondering how you got 2002 see how you came up with electic glide

FSG

brent

i try to google a chart for engine number id all i get vin numbers id

brent

vin number is 1hd1fcw135y667804   engine case number is fcw5667804  vin says it is a 2005 ultra classic is the motor the same or different

kd

KD

cheech

June 10, 2021, 10:51:59 AM #20 Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:56:37 AM by cheech
1hd1fcw135y667804
W= 1450CC 88"
5=2005

Since the frame VIN and the engine has the same sequential number. And the engine number has the "FCW5".
My hunch is the cases at least are original to the bike.
Did someone build them to a 103?  :nix:
But it's clearly not a CVO 103.
Or it'd have the PKE on it as Rigid said.
And highly unlikely the sequential would match.

brent

thanks bike came from shop that bought insurance recovery bikes that fixed them then sold them so he doesnt really know what he has so who knows

cheech

Sounds like he doesn't.  :crook:
Special thanks to Mecum.  :SM:
If this comes out right, you can make out the PKE in the photo.
Try again. LOL
Click this scroll over to left side view of the bike, go full screen and enlarge it and you can make out the PKE

hbkeith

they made them with 103 in 2005

cheech

hbkeith

im saying they came with 103 on some in 05 , but i see now this bike isnt a CVO

FSG

Quote from: brent on June 10, 2021, 09:12:24 AM
vin number is 1hd1fcw135y667804   engine case number is fcw5667804  vin says it is a 2005 ultra classic is the motor the same or different

Quote from: FSG on June 05, 2021, 06:26:59 PM
could be as that  FCW is telling me a 2002 Ultra ....  BUT  being a stolen bike it could be anything

need to get the VIN from the neck and go from there

well a full VIN helps a lot

cheech

kd

I am sorry but I see *FKE5955202* on that engine which is totally unrelated to the VIN given by the OP.  As I said earlier, I think this is a crap shoot because it has been handled so much with no true monitoring.  No way of knowing. 
KD

cheech

Quote from: kd on June 10, 2021, 02:31:17 PM
I am sorry but I see *FKE5955202* on that engine which is totally unrelated to the VIN given by the OP.  As I said earlier, I think this is a crap shoot because it has been handled so much with no true monitoring.  No way of knowing.
That was just to provide a sample what a CVO case number would be.
As the OP's original question was to decipher what year engine was in a bike that was claimed to be powered by a CVO 103 engine.
As he provided the VIN and the engine number and they match what isn't a crap shoot is it's not an authentic CVO engine of any year.
So of course we can't speculate what size it is. Just prove he's being misled as to it being a CVO 103. If that even matters to him.
Can it be a 103"? Sure
Did someone put a 103 top end on it as he asked? Maybe, but it's more complicated than that as we all know the 88" had the 4" stroke and the 103" the 4 3/8" stroke.
So it's a little more complex than the top end.

kd

:agree:  We are singing out of the same hymn book here.  I didn't realize the engine pic wasn't the OP's engine.  :embarrassed:
KD

brent

it says 103 screaming eagle on cylinders but its hard to believe a shop would spend that kind of money just to sell it he really doesnt care what it is but is nice to know he has had issues with it just put new stator and rotor in it had it dyno ed they to put some new parts on it but runs good and is better than when he bought it

cheech

Brent, very well someone simply could of used the 103 cylinders, take offs or otherwise, on it to make a 95", if those cylinders are indeed still at 3 7/8" bore and if the stock 4" crank is still in the cases.

Hossamania

Can the volume of the cylinder be measured by filling it with liquid? I seem to remember this being done on race engines, maybe using transmission fluid or similar?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.