April 19, 2024, 10:12:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fork Oil???

Started by Paul Mc, June 11, 2021, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Mc

I have a 2018 Road King Special.  A few days ago after a ride, I noticed a small spot of oil on my garage floor just below the left front fork.  After inspection, I found that the oil was dripping from the left front fork just below the axle nut, so I'm assuming it's fork oil.  However, the fork sliders from top to bottom are completely dry.  The only place on the fork that's wet is just at the lower end of the fork.  It's got me baffled. I can't even find the drain screw, or I'd make sure that that's tight.  Help!!!

truck

Check for melted grease from the bottom bearing in the neck stem.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Hossamania

Quote from: truck on June 11, 2021, 01:51:32 PM

Yup, that. It's been discussed here a few times.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

smoserx1

June 11, 2021, 02:32:02 PM #3 Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 02:37:12 PM by smoserx1
I'd check the bolt at the very bottom of the fork (it screws into the damper tube inside the fork).  You will have to remove the front wheel to gain access.  Since it is directly under one fork that is where I would look.

motorhogman

:idunno:
Quote from: truck on June 11, 2021, 01:51:32 PM

:agree:  Exactly what I found a while back when I thought I had a fork seal leak..
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

Paul Mc

Thanks for all your help.  I'm going to take off the front wheel and have a look.