A couple of basic questions about Power Vision

Started by Finn, June 14, 2021, 08:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Hello.

I have booked a slot at the dealer as exhaust is changed from Supermeg 2-1 to Khrome Werks 2-2 muffles and some fine tuning on Thursday this week.

I'm sorry but I would need to ask a couple of basic questions regarding use of Power Vision with my 2016 103 HO.

We did dynoing and tuning last year but my memories are a bit vague and could be wrong so please bear with me.

1. If I recall correctly we have a target AFR table and one VE table based on throttle position and another based on MAP readings. Is this correct?

If this is correct then: If we make corrections to just the throttle position VE table does the ECM/bike "read" the other MAP VE table at all ie. is the other "enough" or should we make corrections to both?

IIRC it was easier to do the throttle position VE table than MAP VE table.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Finn

2. Do you typically set the O2 sensors in Power Vision file "disabled" ie. do you typically use the target AFR and VE tables alone?

Is it possible to use OEM narrow band O2 sensors with Power Vision map or was it so that if O2 sensors are enabled the ECM will adjust everything lean despite of what set target AFR and VE tables are?
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

rigidthumper

June 14, 2021, 10:00:29 AM #2 Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:04:32 AM by rigidthumper
Target AFR is desired ratio, ans is always vs MAP load.
VE's are adjusted so AFR measured = AFR desired.
VE table selection on your map can be set to 0 or 1.
A 0 in that table sets the VE table to TPS & RPM.
A 1 in that table sets the VE table to MAP & RPM.

How are you going to measure the AFR? Usually the narrow bands (when enabled) are used to measure the closed loop area, and external wide bands are used to measure the open loop areas.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Finn

Cheers.

We will have external wide band O2 sensors in the head pipes. The dyno in the past was IIRC a Dynojet 250i - could be a newer model today.