April 19, 2024, 08:11:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Unknown brand of 110 cylinders

Started by Hybredhog, June 16, 2021, 09:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybredhog

I'm working on a'15 RK that had 110 cylinders installed & the rear came up with a pretty good base leak. Upon working the cylinders loose, all the dowel pins came out with the cylinders, and are in pretty tight. They were using orange quad seals for the spigot & oil return seal instead of o rings, and using Wisco pistons. The guy winters in Mexico & in general it looks like its been pretty hot and using some oil too.

Not sure who's cylinders they are, probably not S&S or SE, but other than the old OEM 110 that had loose liners, have anybody ran into leaking liners since? These don't feel like the liner has moved, but I see if a session in the oven will make them sweat. I'll get the dowels out & massage the holes a bit, and then re-ring it & use O rings. Any thoughts?
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

Don D

Put the cylinders in plates and measure before deciding.  The orange quad rings are OEM 110

bigpete1

They are Vtwin brand cylinders.they have some issues with dowl pin alignment as well