April 18, 2024, 09:44:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

No Start

Started by crowgo, June 24, 2021, 08:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowgo

2020 FLTRK, loading on the trailer, stalled it going into the chock, now won't start (or even turn over) everything seems to be functional (lights, gauges, etc)any suggestions appreciated.
20FLTRK,15FLHTKL,05FXSTSI,02FLHTCUI
12000MI 37000MI  76000 MI   184000MI

kd

Did you hit the kill switch?
KD

crowgo

checked that multiple times.

kd

Try some frantic and solid flicking of the switch.  I have found as couple that were failing and rapid flicking brought it back (temporarily).
KD

rigidthumper

The clutch interlock switch in the left hand control pack may have failed- Put it in neutral and try again.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

OldMike

Did you transport it and didn't put it in transport mode and kill the battery?

crowgo

:emoGroan:  I want to thank everyone for their input.  This is going to be one of those things that will go unexplained and leave me   :scratch: my head.  After addressing all the remedies offered, checking all fuses and pulling the relays (even though everything was working EXCEPT the starter at 1:00AM I decided it was time to take a shower and go to bed. Woke this AM, still stewing over this ordeal, went to the garage, started the bike, loaded it and off to the DYNO we go. Stopped to fill the tank as I always do and reminded myself, don't forget to get the ECM out of the saddlebag  :oops:  the saddlebag is at home in the garage some 60 miles back.  I JUST CAN'T GET A BRAKE!!!  Thanks again to everyone.  :hug:

Hossamania

Dang, you're having a rough go!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

joes124

FWIW,  years ago my 2013 Road Glide Ultra exhibited the same, and checked everything listed in this post, and pulled the fuses too.  It was a hot summer day and I was steamed (all pun intended) as I was walking into a store to enjoy their AC I noticed the huge electrical power transmission lines overhead...I rolled the bike down hill for about 1/4 mile and all was well (rode back to the parking lot, picked up my wife) and rode home.