April 16, 2024, 06:19:17 AM

News:

1995 Heritage not much power

Started by dubepj, June 25, 2021, 03:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lee

Quote from: PoorUB on July 03, 2021, 03:52:41 AM
On a Harley the belt is the last thing I would worry about unless you were drag racing every weekend. I have run close to 200,000 miles with belts and never broke one and I beat on then too.
what about a primary belt ? mines around 30 yrs old and the last time my hd mech had a look about 5 yrs ago with very little miles since said it was in perfect condition

kd

I think the key here is "Harley belt".  The are known for their unbelievable durability that does not appear to be matched by any other belt.  The seem to be a well kept secret on who makes them as well as what their real make-up is.
KD

turboprop

Quote from: dubepj on June 25, 2021, 03:27:08 PM
My 1995 Heritage Softail is stock except for Sreaming eagle slip on mufflers and a High flow air cleaner. 
CV carb has 45 and 175 jets. 
Rear pulley is stock 65 tooth.
i know I'm not winning any races but it sure seems pretty gutless. Bike runs A-1 and I enjoy it once up to cruising speed.  Takes a while to get there.   I've had several Evo Dynas and a 1997 FLH.
All those other bikes had the 70 tooth rear pulley.  Is that rear pulley difference enough to make this one seem like a dog.
I'm thinking a EV27 cam would help.  Or can I just put in 180 jet.
Your opinions and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  Thanks

Hmm, your other bikes had a 70 tooth rear pulley but this one has a 65 and seems slow. Seems like you have answered your own question.

The EV27 cam is certainly a great improvement over any of the oem harley cams.

Simply switching to a a 180 main jet makes no sense. Changing to a jet that is optimum for the combination is best. Either dyno tune or get an on board AFR gauge.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

hogget

innocent question here - my 88 heritage is still on its original belt - admittedly only 40k miles
the original owner (for 6 months) had put a larger pulley on the rear to improve performance
is there a problem getting longer belts to fit larger pulleys?
seems like a simple fix
mine will pull 100mph which is as much as i want out of it
no its not like a sports bike, but i have a few of them if thats what i need on any given day

JW113

2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber