March 28, 2024, 12:31:22 PM

News:

Need help with tune

Started by donj1964, June 27, 2021, 07:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donj1964

I have a 03 tc 88 with hf air, v&h longshots(withbaffels) , ss 510 cams, and pv no 02 sensors with ss510 base tune for the 88 that was sent to me by dynojet the issue im having idle when warm, it drops real low or it will stall, starts right back up , below 2000 its manners are not the best, i checked for intake and exhaust leaks, all is good, checked and clean iac and it is working, not talking about the overlap the cam has at low rpms, its not smooth and it gets jerky. when cold, seems to be  rich and sometimes wont start unless i give a little fuel, i contacted dynojet and they sent a revised tune and it was worse, contacted them again and they suggested i get it dyno tuned.so this is where im at, , also  was wandering if there is someting i can change with the pv so the it will idle. The idle is set at 1000 rpm. Or if someone may have the same setup as i, and has a tune for it,  i would get it tuned at harley but my funds wont allow it right now,  any help would be greatly appriciated. By the way the bike is a 03 fxstsi

RTMike

Find a tuner with a dyno in your area

Hossamania

Quote from: RTMike on June 27, 2021, 08:24:46 AM
Find a tuner with a dyno in your area

Your best, and probably only, option.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Wookie3011

donj1964

donj1964

Would the auto tune do the trick ?

Wookie3011

I put a fair amount of money into my motor. I did 110 to 117. I like you thought that I could get away with tuning it myself. The reality is my Ring seal is trash now because of this decision. Im still trying to save up enough to do it again. All that money and skimping on the most important part IMO is a mistake. I thought that like alot of things I can do it myself and just another way for them to make money. You won't regret it. No such thing as auto tune. Thundermax is close but its way more than just getting a tune that is way better than a "Auto Tune" Auto tune still requires input from the end user. It still can't tune with load. Many variables.

kd

KD

donj1964

Thx for the imfo. Taking it on the 10 th to harley

Hossamania

Does that dealer have a Dyno and is familiar with the PV?

donj1964

Yes, they dyno and tune bikes, l

Hossamania

Good to hear, hope they get it sorted for you. A well tuned bike is a treat to ride.

TN

Quote from: Wookie3011 on June 27, 2021, 02:50:27 PM
I put a fair amount of money into my motor. I did 110 to 117. I like you thought that I could get away with tuning it myself. The reality is my Ring seal is trash now because of this decision. Im still trying to save up enough to do it again. All that money and skimping on the most important part IMO is a mistake. I thought that like alot of things I can do it myself and just another way for them to make money. You won't regret it. No such thing as auto tune. Thundermax is close but its way more than just getting a tune that is way better than a "Auto Tune" Auto tune still requires input from the end user. It still can't tune with load. Many variables.

I too learned the hard way, I got her the second time around.   :kick:
Just Ride..........

aharp

This can likely be tuned out but the 510 is the wrong cam for those cubes IMO and while a base map can obviously be a shot in the dark, it's not making it any easier. That cam and the 37 really like to be at 95-98".
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?