April 18, 2024, 03:10:21 PM

News:

Bike starts and then stalls

Started by wnogood, June 28, 2021, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wnogood

HELP! My 2020 street glide has the SE tuner and auto tuner. It has the 122" kit as well. Since the 122" kit was installed, on the first start of the day, it starts, idles up, idles down, coughs, and dies. Start it again, it's fine. If it sits for 8 hours, it still starts fine. It has to sit overnight for this start/stall to happen. The bike runs great. No weird issues other than the cold start problem. Any ideas?
2020 SGS 122" stonewashed white pearl

Clayton24

How many miles are on it a dirty throttle body can cause it or an intake leak also

Hossamania

After the 122" kit was put in, was it Dyno tuned?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

wnogood

Quote from: Clayton24 on June 29, 2021, 10:09:56 AM
How many miles are on it a dirty throttle body can cause it or an intake leak also

Kit was installed at 94 miles, has 900 now

wnogood

Quote from: Hossamania on June 29, 2021, 03:57:41 PM
After the 122" kit was put in, was it Dyno tuned?

No, it has the SE auto tuning module

kd

:crook:  I think most having experience with auto tuning devices have had less than stellar results.  Did the kit have the aluminum intake?  If not, and your auto tune device targeted the lean conditions demanded by the EPA to be legal, you may have experienced overheating and distortion of the plastic intake manifold.  Have you tried to spray down the seals to see if the engine speed stumbles or changes both cold and hot?
KD

jazdad2007

I have noticed this on 122" kit. I recently Re flashed ecm after updating screaming eagle software. Now idles up a bit more then slows down and no stall! Might suggest the same for you. The ecm calibration said revised! Hope this works.

hrdtail78

I don't know what you can do with that tuner.  No IAC to run adjustment.  No IAC adjustment at all.  No warm up fuel........
Semper Fi

Cvosjoe

My build is different but I was having the same issue you are describing. I noticed it shortly after I got the bike back from being dyno'd. Didn't really worry about it but after some time it became annoying. I tried all kinds of adjustments, IAC, idle rpm, etc. What I did notice after making changes and reloading the revised map is that the idle was stable but slowly deteriorated each time I rode the bike. It eventually went back to start and then stall. After some discussion with the dyno guy he suggested turning off the adaptive control temporarily and see what effect it had. After several weeks of riding no more start and stall. Whenever I reloaded the map I cleared the trim values from the adaptive control so everything would work normally for a while. From what he explained the exhaust reversion was changing the trim values to something the motor didn't like on startup. My solution was to change the AFR values in the idle area to a value that would disable the adaptive control in those cells. It may not be your issue but it worked on mine.

wnogood

Quote from: jazdad2007 on October 10, 2021, 05:11:33 PMI have noticed this on 122" kit. I recently Re flashed ecm after updating screaming eagle software. Now idles up a bit more then slows down and no stall! Might suggest the same for you. The ecm calibration said revised! Hope this works.

After looking around on the interwebs, it seems this is becoming a common issue. I'll try a re-flash and report back...