Opinons please -- which replacement for the primary comp?

Started by KrakenCVO, June 30, 2021, 09:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrakenCVO

Good Morning all,
   I have a 131ci that has 140whp and 155wtq.  Right now I have the stock primary comp with no issues.  I believe I need to replace/upgrade and I am looking for some inputs.  I am looking at the Man O' War and the part from Cyclerama.  Both are great parts and will work well I'm sure.  Please give me some feedback on which way to go.  Thanks in advance.

R/Don

OldMike

I got the Cycle-Rama design one from TTS in UK, was not available in the US yet at the time of my build. 157/165, no problems. I liked the simple stock replacement since I never had any issue with way my stock comp worked.

BigT

I am running the Darkhorse compensator but plan on pulling it this winter and reinstalling the stock compensator with the Cycle-Rama hardened comp ramps. I shattered my stock comp ramps with a missed shift in my 124".

Nastytls

What's the reason for pulling the DH comp?

Quote from: BigT on July 02, 2021, 06:59:18 PM
I am running the Darkhorse compensator but plan on pulling it this winter and reinstalling the stock compensator with the Cycle-Rama hardened comp ramps. I shattered my stock comp ramps with a missed shift in my 124".

FSG

QuoteWhat's the reason for pulling the DH comp?

I'd like to know as well or do you just have cash to burn, them CR Ramps arn't cheap .....  $360?

BigT

July 04, 2021, 05:04:07 AM #5 Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:15:12 AM by rigidthumper
Quote from: FSG on July 03, 2021, 02:38:34 PM

I'd like to know as well or do you just have cash to burn, them CR Ramps arn't cheap .....  $360?

The DH comp is a little noisy at idle. The only issue with the stock compensator was the ramp shattered from a missed shift.

cheech

I seen a video where George Bryce was hyping the same looking ramp. He marketing the Cyclerama or vice versa?

turboprop

Quote from: cheech on July 06, 2021, 08:03:40 PM
I seen a video where George Bryce was hyping the same looking ramp. He marketing the Cyclerama or vice versa?

Neither of them have the capability to manufacture anything.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

ziggy24

Quote from: BigT on July 04, 2021, 05:04:07 AM
Quote from: FSG on July 03, 2021, 02:38:34 PM

The DH comp is a little noisy at idle. The only issue with the stock compensator was the ramp shattered from a missed shift.

I had the same issue, with noise. It made the cruise drive neutral rattle when the transmission got hot. Sounded like the transmission was coming apart! The answer I got was, some transmissions are tighter than others.