April 19, 2024, 09:46:31 AM

News:

4” Rinehart Baffle Comparison

Started by Tommy D, July 02, 2021, 06:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy D

Looking at a set of 4" Rineharts on the Tri Glide using the stock head pipe
I see there is a classic baffle & a DBX baffle available
Tech guy at Rinehart said the DBX is the preferred choice on a MKE 8 because the MKE 8 has a quieter exhaust note compared to a TC 🤷🏻‍♂️
The days of noise are behind me, wanting a stereo friendly non ear ringing tone for 200 mi day rides & doing road trips
Hopefully more accurate info is available here from the pro's
Acts 4:12

Clayton24

The classic baffle will be alittle quieter if that helps any if you go on you tube an look up kevin baxter rinehart did a video with him on the diffrence of the two baffles may help out your question .

wnogood

I've run them both {Classic and dbx} and I have to say that the DBX is a better choice for the M8. The classic baffle was plenty loud with the twinkies, but doesn't make much sound on the M8's. I have the DBX baffles in mine with a 122" and torque cam, and the sound is perfect. When you get after it, it'll make some noise. I'm also running a high flow {no cat} header so with a cat, the sound will be somewhat less.
2020 SGS 122" stonewashed white pearl

Tommy D

Quote from: Clayton24 on July 05, 2021, 04:17:06 PM
The classic baffle will be alittle quieter if that helps any if you go on you tube an look up kevin baxter rinehart did a video with him on the diffrence of the two baffles may help out your question .

Thanks, I'll check that out

Tommy D

Quote from: wnogood on July 06, 2021, 05:27:32 AM
I've run them both {Classic and dbx} and I have to say that the DBX is a better choice for the M8. The classic baffle was plenty loud with the twinkies, but doesn't make much sound on the M8's. I have the DBX baffles in mine with a 122" and torque cam, and the sound is perfect. When you get after it, it'll make some noise. I'm also running a high flow {no cat} header so with a cat, the sound will be somewhat less.

Good info, Thanks !