April 24, 2024, 12:03:39 AM

News:

Rear pulley cushion .

Started by bobrk1, July 05, 2021, 08:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrk1

I  replaced  the  factory  cushion  in the  rear  wheel  pulley with  a  green  neoprene  one  don't  remember  the  brand  sorry , had  a  noise  leaning  bike  to the  left  thought  it  was  bearing  going . Turned out  the  cushion  was  gone  at 20k and  the  pulley  would  hit making  the  noise , put the  original  back  with  40k, it's  nice  and  tight  no more  movement  stick  with  factory  on  that.

chaos901

No more market than there is for that product I'm surprised that somebody made an alternative.  I replaced one at about 65K, that is the only time I've ever needed another.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

PoorUB

It is funny why someone would bother to make a "better" cushion for the drive pulley when there is zero issues with the OEM cushion. Also, how many will they sell in a year? Certainly not going to be a get rich quick scheme!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

FSG

bobrk1

ziggy24

Quote from: bobrk1 on July 11, 2021, 05:41:24 AM
Yup  looked  like  that

If you bought on eBay or amazon, there is Chinese company using Alloy Art's ( manufacturer of that) marketing material to sell their junk! I actually contacted Alloy Art to give them the heads up.

cheech

Quote from: ziggy24 on July 12, 2021, 08:46:59 AM
Quote from: bobrk1 on July 11, 2021, 05:41:24 AM
Yup  looked  like  that

If you bought on eBay or amazon, there is Chinese company using Alloy Art's ( manufacturer of that) marketing material to sell their junk! I actually contacted Alloy Art to give them the heads up.
Nice to know.
bobrk1, do you know the brand of yours, or where you got it?
Does it have the "AA" and the "Made in USA" on it?