March 29, 2024, 07:16:20 AM

News:

got my tach on my breakout

Started by dieselbeef, July 09, 2021, 05:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieselbeef

i like it..was a pita to wire up tho..lotta hit and miss..shift light at 5000..redline 5200...time for a track session..compensator change comin..need a before and after time

dieselbeef

Hossamania

Any work done on the motor? I thought stock redline was 5800 or 5850? Mine with headwork is set for 6100. 5000 seems low for a shift point also. I just wouldn't want you leaving horsepower on the table......
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

dieselbeef

not yet..starting  out slow....it hits the limiter around 52 53 in first cpl gears. after the compnesator gear change itll be cams....thats enough for ripping on most around here lol...i wanna end up drag racing it eventually...

jmorton10

I can't tell from the pic, is that an Autometer tach ??

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

dieselbeef

koso..the autometer was either too big or too small.

Hossamania

The bike looks good. Clean looking install on the tach.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

jmorton10

AutoMeter was the only one I could keep working for any length of time on my old monster stroker Shovel

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

dieselbeef

thanks hoss............yeah the koso is supposed to be a good unit..we will see..otherwise itll be the autometer..i have em in all my trucks...they just were a little too big

Sinker

That Shovelhead has a lot going on! Love it.

hattitude

Quote from: jmorton10 on July 10, 2021, 03:41:22 AM
AutoMeter was the only one I could keep working for any length of time on my old monster stroker Shovel

~John

I love that bike.....!!

I certainly would have killed myself on it, but love it just the same....

barny7655

mine, made the housing for it , on deuce
riding since 62, BSA bantum the first bike

dieselbeef

Quote from: barny7655 on August 13, 2021, 01:20:15 AM
mine, made the housing for it , on deuce

nice job? alum, welded to the top triple? impressive...

barny7655

all of copper ,copper  reducer on bottom and copper pipe top all chromed , gauge clips in , and bottom screws to the head stem , took along time to make , but works well ,

Sycho01

Love the deuce. Beautiful job on the tach housing. Looks factory. It was worth whatever time it took to fabricate. One of a kind.

barny7655

It took 70 hrs to make , this one only tacho holder , good part about it,  i only did it once from start to end ,cutting the cooper pipe , off setting it on the cooper reducer , silver soldering the brackets inside it , so the tacho would clip in , and also braket so it bolted to head stem,then re shaping the joints , polishing it so the chrome had no defects , make all my own stuff when i can ,as in the pics my  braided lines,stainless all polished , and brake Tee  made out of brass and taped and chromed,some projects take hrs to do , cheers

koko3052

Quote from: barny7655 on August 15, 2021, 05:32:42 PM
It took 70 hrs to make , this one only tacho holder , good part about it,  i only did it once from start to end ,cutting the cooper pipe , off setting it on the cooper reducer , silver soldering the brackets inside it , so the tacho would clip in , and also braket so it bolted to head stem,then re shaping the joints , polishing it so the chrome had no defects , make all my own stuff when i can ,as in the pics my  braided lines,stainless all polished , and brake Tee  made out of brass and taped and chromed,some projects take hrs to do , cheers

Jobs like that show that a man takes pride in himself.....nice job on both! :up: