April 18, 2024, 06:32:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Spring to complement Rekluse Torque Drive for TC.

Started by 838, July 10, 2021, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Going to install a rekluse clutch with a VPC on my 140tq bagger (big torque down low). What is the lightest spring I can run with this setup that still do the job?

Don D

What comes in the kit. Rated for 160tq. They have lighter and heavier.

turboprop

Quote from: 838 on July 10, 2021, 08:40:22 AM
Going to install a rekluse clutch with a VPC on my 140tq bagger (big torque down low). What is the lightest spring I can run with this setup that still do the job?

You dont say which VPC you have and there are several within the same year group, each with different pressure ratings. Not talking about the springs, but the actual plate with flyweights.

My red FXR has a bit more horse power, is lighter and is probably geared differently so it is a long ways from being a direct apples to apples comparison. I runs the Rekluse clutch pack, with a VPC-95 and the lightest spring I had on hand. My application requires a bit of clutch slip down low, your application is probably different but I suspect you do not want any. Springs are cheap. Start thin and work up until the slip is gone or at a level/place that works for you.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

It's the Harley version of the vpc. Looking for best hold with lightest clutch pull.

FSG

which will be this one , Screamin' Eagle Variable Pressure Clutch  HD-37000121A

made HD by AIM and their P/N is 92T

Quote from: FSG on July 10, 2021, 07:17:45 PM
which will be this one , Screamin' Eagle Variable Pressure Clutch  HD-37000121A

made HD by AIM and their P/N is 92T

Yes this is what I have, I'm installing rekluse torque drive plates with it. The bike currently has stock clutch plates, the SE VPC, and an SE diaphragm spring.I Was hoping with the new setup I could go back to the stock diaphragm spring to decrease the clutch pull while still increasing hold.

C-Cat

Decreasing clutch pull at full throttle or stop lights and light cruising?
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

Don D

The stock Rekluse right out of the box will do what you want and need.  We have built many that exceed your torque level and they do not slip. They have the proper throw, cleanly disengage, and have stock feel. No VPC needed.

Deye76

Have to wonder about application.
"No VPC needed" > Twin cam clutch, or M8 clutch?
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Don D

Two local bikes here just completed one of each, both made above 145 torque by 3k, both baggers.