April 20, 2024, 06:56:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS Question: How can you tell if interface has already been used?

Started by swampfox44, July 11, 2021, 01:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampfox44

I've got a guy claiming he has a new/unused TTS Mastertune blue interface cheap. Says he sold bike before he upgraded parts or tuned. Any way I can hook up unit to laptop or bike to see if its been vin locked/married to an ecm? Thanks
SwampFox44

rigidthumper

Is the box still factory sealed? Should be OK, but it's not impossible to reseal a package. You can look at it electrically- hook the VCI up to the PC cable, (looks like a USB printer cable) open Master Tune 2 software, and click on "file" upper left corner. Then click on "Load file from interface".
Your choices then are "Load tuning file (MT7,MT8, MT9)" or "Save MTE to PC". Select "MTE"- if it shows a VIN number, it has been hooked to a bike. If no MTE file/VIN available, it's probably unused.
Go back to "file", "Load file from interface", and select "Load tuning file(MT7,MT8, MT9)", and it will show a window.

:If it has been used, it will offer the last map flashed through that device. (Jeff starter-001.MT9 or some such) The VCI is married to that ECM. Not usable by any other ECM, but good for pulling codes/monitoring system. Would not purchase.

:if the VCI is virgin, no map will be available to load. Proceed with purchase.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

swampfox44

So, I can connect to just laptop to view this or will it need to connect to the bike also? Thanks
SwampFox44

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.