April 16, 2024, 12:04:14 PM

News:

SE-11 Cam

Started by Reddog74usa, July 20, 2021, 03:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog74usa

Bike I just picked up has the SE-11 cam in it along with 10.5-1 SE pistons and just looking for feedback on the SE-11 Cam
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Hossamania

I don't know exactly about the SE 11, but I have a feeling it is like the SE 211 for Twin Cams. If so, it is a cam that makes power a little higher in the rpm range. It prefers higher compression (which you have), needs higher lift valve springs (can't be sure about this with Evos), works well in a lighter bike, but will work fine in a heavier bike, it just doesnt like to be lugged, like touring rigs often are.
Basically, a racing cam as opposed to a touring cam. My style of riding.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

rigidthumper

From the SE catalog:
SE-11  25753-97
.508"/.508"
246°/249°
Intake: 19° BTDC/47° ABDC, .181" TDC lift
Exhaust: 55° BBDC/14° ATDC, .153" TDC lift

This is the next generation SE-1 bolt-in cam for lighter bikes. Advanced profile design creates power from 3500-6000 RPM. This is an awesome horsepower cam in a bolt in disguise. Unless specified, not for use on EFI models. For race application only
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Burnout

At 47° intake closing it will really want increased static compression.
It will be a dog without it.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

forgtek

I have a 1994 FXSTC with a SE 1 ,forged pistons [10.5 -1 ] SE heads,Mikuni,Thunderheaders ,SE Module.Runs nice very happy with it . Loads of power ,no dyno numbers ,with a stock evo having 50 hp my guess is its close to doubling that number .