March 29, 2024, 03:03:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Powervision and IVO/IVC

Started by Gordon61, April 24, 2021, 04:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon61

April 24, 2021, 04:17:12 AM Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 04:33:59 AM by Gordon61
So Powervision still (out the box anyway) doesn't show you IVO/IVC, or say how to set it properly and nobody seems to be talking about it anymore, except TTS of course.

What IVO/IVC do you set for a typical torque cam?

Stock seemed to be 19/38, I got a map from DJ that had 20/38, and I got a 823 instead of an 824 map from FM that didn't have those tables, even after I upgraded the tune.

ta

EDIT: and just to check, is tooth 21 TDC on the front cylinder on the M8?

rigidthumper

Download the Dynojet Powercore software. It includes their Cam Cruncher software, which should help answer your questions.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Gordon61

April 24, 2021, 09:16:10 AM #2 Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 09:52:51 AM by Gordon61
Thanks for that... got a 404 not found ...but I did find it in the Power Vision 3 section.

All the torque cams look pretty much the same IVO/IVC = 9.something/27.something, although those aren't the right numbers for the M8?  If those numbers are off by 10 (I think?) that looks as if the settings don't change from stock

I'm guessing that's why no one is worrying about it

1stop

where do you find info on power core software and power vision? i want to use the cam cruncher program with power vision maps. i dont have dynojet dyno. tried to load a PV map in cam cruncher, but i guess file extenion is different. cant seem to find info. i just see hiw to use with dyno software. anyone got suggestions?

Gordon61

Cam cruncher just looks like a simple widget for showing a wee graph of the cam profile opening and closing, and suggesting the tooth numbers.  You can open a cam profile database (info about cams) but not your tune map, it doesn't do anything like that ...that I saw anyway? besides, the teeth numbers for the M8 seem to be off.

hrdtail78

Quote from: Gordon61 on May 14, 2021, 11:51:26 AM
Cam cruncher just looks like a simple widget for showing a wee graph of the cam profile opening and closing, and suggesting the tooth numbers.  You can open a cam profile database (info about cams) but not your tune map, it doesn't do anything like that ...that I saw anyway? besides, the teeth numbers for the M8 seem to be off.

I believe cam crunch is also off for M8's.  I think the problem comes in with the relocation of the CPS.  With TC's the CPS is 5 teeth away from TDC of the number 1 cylinder and on an M8 I think it is 8. (would have to dig in my notes.)  It is right in the M8 calibrations or all timing would be 33.75 degrees off.  Best way I have found is map the VE's close in that area and just try different tooth counts until you get the idle kpa you desire.
Semper Fi

jjdalynh

ah, I see i'm not the only one with a question (in the *other* forum).  looking at the relationship between the -2 teeth on the TC and comparing it to where they are on the M8, it does appear that cam cruncher is off by 10 teeth.  i emailed DJ about that yesterday.