April 16, 2024, 12:52:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1996 manual

Started by roadkingdresser, July 27, 2021, 12:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

Anybody out there have a manual for a 96 heritage softail that could send a picture of the rear axle spacers and washer diagram would really be appreciated!
roadkingdresser

motorhogman

where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

roadkingdresser

Thanks I was already on that site, little confusing. There are 2 washers that came with the axle kit the guy ordered. They were down in N.C. and the axle spun and broke the adjuster bolts off. He ordered and had the kit overnighted from jp. I know which spacers go in the seals and thelong spacer on the pulley side. There was 2 washers that came with the kit. One is about 2" with a 7/8" hole in it. then there is another smaller one 3/4" hole and about an 1/8" thich. The smaller one almost looks like a spacer. Had to order bearings and new spacers. 5 GUYS WORKING ON IT AND NEVER EVEN GIVE IT A THOUGHT THE WHEEL BEARING WENT OUT??
roadkingdresser

motorhogman

Quote from: roadkingdresser on July 27, 2021, 02:52:39 PM
Thanks I was already on that site, little confusing. There are 2 washers that came with the axle kit the guy ordered. They were down in N.C. and the axle spun and broke the adjuster bolts off. He ordered and had the kit overnighted from jp. I know which spacers go in the seals and thelong spacer on the pulley side. There was 2 washers that came with the kit. One is about 2" with a 7/8" hole in it. then there is another smaller one 3/4" hole and about an 1/8" thich. The smaller one almost looks like a spacer. Had to order bearings and new spacers. 5 GUYS WORKING ON IT AND NEVER EVEN GIVE IT A THOUGHT THE WHEEL BEARING WENT OUT??

Thought it would be worth a try. I have manuals way before that year and 2001. FLT   Well.. We'll bump it up any way.
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

roadkingdresser

roadkingdresser