News:

2013 SG seat replacement

Started by iconicbikesrider, July 27, 2021, 10:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iconicbikesrider

July 27, 2021, 10:32:56 AM Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:19:01 PM by Coyote
 [attach=0,msg1391487]

Greetings to all.
Have a 2013 SG. Had installed a Police Bike seat on it. Now, I would like to sale the bike and have re-installed the OEM original seat Part # 52320-11
Removed the Police seat, the bladder and bracket and installed the OEM seat but...after I finished with the installation, the OEM seat had a small wobble. If you are looking at the bike from the rear fender, the wobble will go from left to right or right to left. It is like a half inch swing.
What am I missing? It is a pretty straightforward job. Frame has two small bolted "stoppers" ? which are there, in the proper place.
Seat fit in the OEM tongue snuggly. The bolt in the back is in place, tight enough. What am I missing?
Any advice, please.
Thank you.
Riding Iconic motorcycles Made In USA.

iconicbikesrider

Sent same picture...let's try it again [attach=0]

iconicbikesrider

kd

Make sure the hole in the rear mounting tab hole is over the stud that stands up out of the fender nut.  You may have to persuade the rear of the seat forward slightly to get it to slip over.  If it sits on top and the seat bottom doesn't rest on the fender it can rock.
KD

iconicbikesrider

KD,
Thank you.
When I had the Police bike seat, to cover that hole, I had a decorative H-D plug. I can't find the OEM bolt where the seat's bracket tab goes. I will call a dealer near me to see if they have it in stock. If not, I will order it.
Thank you for your input.

iconicbikesrider

KD,
Following your assertive suggestion, using the properly H-D designed part, I purchased it and installed it and the sideways rocking motion of the seat is gone.
I think we should always use proper tools for a job and I overlooked the use of the proper part re-installing the OEM seat. Simple. It does work.
Thanks again, KD.

kd

:up:  It's all part of the service.  :teeth:
KD