April 18, 2024, 03:40:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dynojet PV Winpv software. Is there an Android version?

Started by rich1, August 13, 2021, 03:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich1

Our old laptop died. With two smart phones and two tablets I have no reason to buy another windows based laptop. But I cannot find an Android based version of Winpv. Does one exist?

rigidthumper

No. DJ only offers Windows 8 or 10 software, in 32 or 64 bit versions.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

FSG

it'd bee interesting to know if anyone had tried to run Winpv under WINE or in a Virtual on a Linux machine

kouack

Quote from: FSG on August 13, 2021, 02:45:02 PM
it'd bee interesting to know if anyone had tried to run Winpv under WINE or in a Virtual on a Linux machine
The only thing i tried was wine and playonlinux under ubuntu,opensuse and mint and no joy. I may give a try to VM one day, but i went the lazy way and bought a used laptop on for that 😒 still dual boot with linux i just hate windows with passion lol

FSG

kouack

Well, powervision will install and run with windows 10 in vm virtual box on opensuse 15, but i cannot manage to have USB to recognize my PV at this point! Whit a step back, having to install Windows in a virtual machine with owning a legal version of it is way more complicated than formatting your hard drive, split it in two partitions, install windows and linux! Use windslow for tuning and go back to Linux after for normal business after.