April 19, 2024, 06:48:02 AM

News:

rdrs tuning/2021 bikes

Started by 1stop, August 25, 2021, 01:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stop

I've had 2 calls this week on tuning 21 model rdrs touring bikes. been looking at what tuning tool is available. looks like techno research is only ones with cable available. been told tuning method is just turn off rdrs & tune bike, then turn rdrs back on. techno guy did say some bikes have been problematic even when rdrs is turned off. the fuel moto write up was implying you have to adjust torque limiter table somehow. there is very little info to be found. anyone have experience, opinion?

hrdtail78

Not with 2021 but have tuned several 2020 with RDRS bikes.   If you have done engine performance mods.  Yes, the tq tables need to be remodeled for the performance of the engine combination that you are tuning.  Just as with all the other tables that need to be adjusted when going from a 114 to a 128 with larger injectors, larger throttle bodies, and better flowing exhaust. 

Turning off the system isn't just a switch in the ECU.  Since it is a bit more intergraded than that.  TTS is the only tuner I know on the market that address's it with a tq table.  Tq data collection and a tool to properly adjust the table.  Bonus is.  It also allows you to command more tq than is what is built into the HDDelphi system.   I have seen commands you to 192nm.
Semper Fi

1stop

thanks for reply hrdtail78. anyone know when tts is coming out with 2021 ecm cable, or available now? And is there any documentation on the software has far has dealing with rdrs? the tq data collection & tq table tool? is it in the help section of tts software? the techo research guy told me there software doesn't have tq tables.

aharp

Quote from: hrdtail78 on August 28, 2021, 07:14:45 AM
Not with 2021 but have tuned several 2020 with RDRS bikes.   If you have done engine performance mods.  Yes, the tq tables need to be remodeled for the performance of the engine combination that you are tuning.  Just as with all the other tables that need to be adjusted when going from a 114 to a 128 with larger injectors, larger throttle bodies, and better flowing exhaust. 

Turning off the system isn't just a switch in the ECU.  Since it is a bit more intergraded than that.  TTS is the only tuner I know on the market that address's it with a tq table.  Tq data collection and a tool to properly adjust the table.  Bonus is.  It also allows you to command more tq than is what is built into the HDDelphi system.   I have seen commands you to 192nm.

I'm assuming there is a formula for the torque modeling table?
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

hrdtail78

You actually collect traction control data with Data Master.  Just like you would Vtune data, but there are a lot more cells to collect in.  Then you generate a new calibration with that data and the MT calibration from a program on the TTS's website.  It is all just like Vtune but you have to go to his website instead of having a downloaded program on your computer.  These bikes take a bit more time.
Semper Fi

aharp

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 07, 2021, 06:55:48 AM
You actually collect traction control data with Data Master.  Just like you would Vtune data, but there are a lot more cells to collect in.  Then you generate a new calibration with that data and the MT calibration from a program on the TTS's website.  It is all just like Vtune but you have to go to his website instead of having a downloaded program on your computer.  These bikes take a bit more time.

Becoming more and more like automotive ecm's every year.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?