March 29, 2024, 03:19:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rotor Question

Started by jamminhd2000, September 10, 2021, 04:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamminhd2000

Hi All!
Working on 2018 Road Glide Special. Upon disassembly of compensator I found this flat metal piece on top of the rotor. Can anyone enlighten me on what this is? Aftermarket rotor? This bike has had problems with stator screws backing out and even broken off so I am investigating everything...your input is appreciated...thank you...jimmy

HogMike

Looks like a stock rotor, that may be a spacer on top, I had one apart a few months ago but I think I deleted the pictures!
HOGMIKE
SoCal

jamminhd2000

I need to correct myself...it was not a compensator I removed it was a twin power direct drive sprocket. So this spacer was floating doing nothing but I could see it being a spacer for the bellville springs of the oem compensator...somebody may have left spacer on not knowing as it was stuck on pretty good with oil adhesion if that makes sense...this bike has had many performance mods....124...darkhorse flywheel assembly...timkin conversion....barnett clutch...this bike has had the stator bolts come loose twice according to the owner...new oem bolts were used on second stator and torqued to spec also according to owner.