April 18, 2024, 11:33:30 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Trailer connection

Started by bobrk1, September 16, 2021, 08:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrk1

I  have  a  2012 ultra  and  I'm  thinking  about  a trailer  I know  that  I  can  get  the  trailer  ball to  connect  the  trailer  but  what  do  I  need  to  connect  lights, does  harley  or an aftermarket  company  have  something  to  connect  to  the  harness  or will  I need  to  splice  it?

ndmp40

Lots of kits and parts for the job.

https://www.jpcycles.com/trailer-wiring

YouTube videos too, look them up.

PoorUB

Buy the connector,  it is worth the money. I have towed with my. 2005, 2010 and my 2016. At least you don't  have Canbus to deal with!
I belive you will need a lighting convertor to go from the motorcycle style lighting to automotive  style.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Yellow09SERG

I would suggest buying an isolator and wiring harness. I have used Bushtec for several years with no issues

ultrafxr

Quote from: Yellow09SERG on September 20, 2021, 06:44:45 PM
I would suggest buying an isolator and wiring harness. I have used Bushtec for several years with no issues
Ditto on Bushtec.  Their stuff works well.  Kuryakyn also had wiring harnesses with isolators for your bike.  Another option.