April 24, 2024, 01:56:35 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Wide Band O2 sensors hitting trans cover

Started by ken6217, September 24, 2021, 09:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken6217

I have a 2020 road glide special and the Harley auto tune. The O2 sensor for the rear header hits the top of the transmission cover.

Does anyone know if this is normal?

rigidthumper

There have been reports of folks having to remove the trans top cover, then install wideband sensor, and then reinstalling trans top cover.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

kd

KD

ken6217

Thanks.

Doesn't matter if it touches the cover except for scratching it.

ken6217

I forgot about the original thread. I'm not liking this getting old thing too much. :)

hrdtail78

I find it easier to remove pipe, but depends on what pipe.
Semper Fi

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Many times it will break a wire internal to the insulation and set a Code.

I have actually had to move the bung up a little and weld the hole closed on a couple. BUT, I see many that just clear it as it should. I guess it could be a manufacturing issue.
Tom

kd

If it was me, I envision removing the pipe and while it's off inserting a stud into the bung, applying heat to the pipe radius around the bung and ever so slightly lifting the angle of the bung to give the clearance it needs to not touch.  Who knows, it may even allow future removal and installation.  I can't see a slight movement in the pipe shape causing low characteristics to change for the worse.
KD