April 19, 2024, 06:32:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

BDL btxp-14 extra plate clutch kit

Started by Samsquanch, October 01, 2021, 07:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsquanch

Been searching and not finding what I'm looking for... can anyone with experience with this clutch please chime in and tell me all about it? How much power will it tolerate? Longevity? Etc.

Clutch has started slipping in my 98" softail. 115ftlbs overpowers my stock clutch. Local shop has a bdl kit on the shelf.

Please chime in.

Ohio HD

Can't help you the BDL, never have been around them.

Actually a little more clutch spring pressure might just solve your slippage. Or maybe that and replacement clutch discs.

hrdtail78

https://www.energyoneclutches.com/product.php?productid=15&cat=9&page=1

Manufacture for BDL.  I don't know if your kit is supplied with spring but this is my go to for up to 130tq builds.  I have seen it hold more and EO do have different rated springs.
Semper Fi

Samsquanch

Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 04, 2021, 12:06:32 PM
https://www.energyoneclutches.com/product.php?productid=15&cat=9&page=1

Manufacture for BDL.  I don't know if your kit is supplied with spring but this is my go to for up to 130tq builds.  I have seen it hold more and EO do have different rated springs.

I think that is the very same kit! Thank you!!

RTMike

Bandit sportsman,will take what ever you throw at it,you won't be disappointed

Ohio HD

Kinda like swatting a fly with a backhoe.

He doesn't need to spend that much for 115 ft. lbs. of torque. What Jason mentioned, or I mentioned will hold what he needs. My '09 Ultra is at 106 ft. lbs., I hold it with an SE spring and the OEM clutch with 28,000 miles on it. Didn't slip a bit on the dyno.

Quote from: Ohio HD on October 05, 2021, 09:41:27 AM
Kinda like swatting a fly with a backhoe.

He doesn't need to spend that much for 115 ft. lbs. of torque. What Jason mentioned, or I mentioned will hold what he needs. My '09 Ultra is at 106 ft. lbs., I hold it with an SE spring and the OEM clutch with 28,000 miles on it. Didn't slip a bit on the dyno.

Did the same here. Used a pink dot diaphragm spring (police model spring). Minor increase in clutch pull, about 30 bucks (not including new primary fluid), held great.

hrdtail78

Quote from: RTMike on October 05, 2021, 09:12:52 AM
Bandit sportsman,will take what ever you throw at it,you won't be disappointed

Not disagreeing that the Bandit won't hold the power and I use those myself at a certain power level, but drop in clutch hub's can introduce some problems that most people at this power level don't want to mess with.
Semper Fi

Samsquanch

BDL kit (energy one) is in the bike. Installation was easy, presoaked the plates, adjusted clutch. Bang, done.

Lever is slightly stiffer then the stock yellow clutch wich is 320lbs if I remember correctly. Such a small difference that just a few days later I cant tell the difference. Clutch works well and does what it should