Replacing M8 stock plastic intake manifold with SE or S&S 55mm intake for stage

Started by klammer76, October 04, 2021, 01:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klammer76

I'm putting together parts for a stage 2 winter project on my 2021, 114" RGS. Would like to change out the stock plastic intake manifold with either the SE or S&S aluminum 55mm intake. I believe the stock throttle body is a 50mm? Any issue going with the 55mm intake? Lose any velocity or torque?

Thanks

rigidthumper

The 55 is what should have been on there from the start. No issues with tuning, and that manifold.
(not a fan of plastic manifolds)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

klammer76

Quote from: rigidthumper on October 04, 2021, 03:01:20 PM
The 55 is what should have been on there from the start. No issues with tuning, and that manifold.
(not a fan of plastic manifolds)
Thank you. Not a fan either. Do you recommend one over the other or both the same?

rigidthumper

I'd use whichever one I could find- last I looked, everything on the planet is on back order... :(
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

klammer76

Quote from: rigidthumper on October 05, 2021, 06:36:13 AM
I'd use whichever one I could find- last I looked, everything on the planet is on back order... :(

So true  :dgust: Thanks for the info.

mike jesse

hrdtail78

You wont loose anything, and I see actual improvements on stage 2's.  I'd suggest the 5.5 injectors as well.
Semper Fi

klammer76

Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 05, 2021, 12:22:16 PM
You wont loose anything, and I see actual improvements on stage 2's.  I'd suggest the 5.5 injectors as well.
:up:

sandrooney

I replaced the plastic one on my 114 Heritage with the SE just because it was plastic.
Patience is such a waste of time .

louloupa

the advantage of the plastic model is that it does not transmit heat from the engine.

HogMike

Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 05, 2021, 12:22:16 PM

Second that!

My dyno session came  in very nice with moderate performance upgrades and 124/131 engines.
Street manners very smooth, it's all about the manifold AND assorted parts for any build. IMHO
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal