April 19, 2024, 02:19:31 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lynda lol composite rotors

Started by boooby1744, October 08, 2021, 06:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boooby1744

I have the lightweight discs on my 12 Road King and need new pads. I have their red pads,which they no longer have. Lyndall recommends their HH pads,but I'm looking for a low/ lower dust pad. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance,B.

No Cents

I've been running these EBC brake pads for years and they have performed excellent.

[attach=0]

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

04 SE Deuce

I'd run what Paul at Lyndall recommends.  If you're easy on brakes you might inquire as to which pads are easiest on rotors and the performance difference.  I've not ran their composite rotors so no personal experience there...I have ran the 3 current versions of their pads,  Xtreme or Gold+ on front and Z+ rear..

EBC has "FA" and "EPFA" prefix HH brake pads.  Per EBC the EPFA pads have a little more bite while being slightly easier on rotors.  I have some to try but no personal experience as yet.

boooby1744

Quote from: 04 SE Deuce on October 10, 2021, 06:54:52 PM
I'd run what Paul at Lyndall recommends.  If you're easy on brakes you might inquire as to which pads are easiest on rotors and the performance difference.  I've not ran their composite rotors so no personal experience there...I have ran the 3 current versions of their pads,  Xtreme or Gold+ on front and Z+ rear..

EBC has "FA" and "EPFA" prefix HH brake pads.  Per EBC the EPFA pads have a little more bite while being slightly easier on rotors.  I have some to try but no personal experience as yet.
went with th Lyndall Extreme HH pads,thanks.

dynabagger

When my reds wore out I replaced with the Lyndall Xtremes on composite rotors. 
2001 FXDXT, 117"
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R

boooby1744

The Extremes stop better than the red, but a little more dust. I've got about 300 miles on them. Fresh fluid all around and a new brake switch for the rear,all is good.