April 19, 2024, 04:04:33 PM

News:

Man O War Comp

Started by WhipLash96, October 11, 2021, 09:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

Now that this has been out for a while now, I a curious to how to how people like it? I have a 2016 Slim that is in need of a compensator and I want to use this one. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks
Thanks,
Whip

No Cents

I'm running a 32 tooth one and the old Duracell seems to like it. I have no complaints with it at all.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

92flhtcu

can not sya I have one on any of my personal bikes, but, we have installed dozens of them here at the shop. Had to take two off as the gents refused top stop lugging their bikes......
Need a bigger garage

brent

can you run the southern orgeon hot bike tensioner with the 32 tooth man of war comp

WhipLash96

Quote from: 92flhtcu on October 11, 2021, 02:24:54 PM
can not sya I have one on any of my personal bikes, but, we have installed dozens of them here at the shop. Had to take two off as the gents refused top stop lugging their bikes......

Lugging is not an issue with this rider. Why did you replace the whole unit? Wouldn't a cushion replacement be in order for that?
Thanks,
Whip

BigT

October 12, 2021, 05:12:14 AM #5 Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 05:16:34 AM by BigT
I have been running the ManO war compensator on my 124" M8 most of this year  about 4500 miles after shattering the ramps on the stock comp during a missed shift. I have no complaints other than some minor noise in neutral and not knowing how long the rubber bushings are going to last and how much notice you may get before a failure. I have yet to hear of one failing.

WhipLash96

Quote from: BigT on October 12, 2021, 05:12:14 AM
I have been running the ManO war compensator on my 124" M8 most of this year  about 4500 miles after shattering the ramps on the stock comp during a missed shift. I have no complaints other than some minor noise in neutral and not knowing how long the rubber bushings are going to last and how much notice you may get before a failure. I have yet to hear of one failing.

Good deal. Thanks for the info.....
Thanks,
Whip

92flhtcu

Whip-we replaced them and reinstalled SE compensators, even the softer bushings that John has will not smooth out a lugger
Need a bigger garage

Buglet

What RPM is consider lugging with the MOW comp.

Hossamania

Quote from: Buglet on October 13, 2021, 02:19:14 PM

The same as it is with the regular compensator.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Hossamania on October 13, 2021, 02:43:34 PM

Is it?  Drive line rattle is a major factor in what kills the crank.  M8s pull nicely from 1800.  WOT at that RPM could bottom the comp travel out and be harmful tho.

dieselbeef

when they wear..whats it look like..how do ya know...does all the tiny rubber particules flaot around in there?  im going to a comp eliminator 30t after i get a baseline at the track..

Hossamania

Quote from: Admiral Akbar on October 14, 2021, 06:55:48 AM
Quote from: Hossamania on October 13, 2021, 02:43:34 PM

Is it?  Drive line rattle is a major factor in what kills the crank.  M8s pull nicely from 1800.  WOT at that RPM could bottom the comp travel out and be harmful tho.

I can agree with that. To Buglet's question, what is considered lugging with the MOW, an experienced rider should be able to figure out pretty quickly what constitutes lugging with the Man-of-War. Like a regular comp, it changes with riding conditions. There is no set rpm that would be considered lugging in all scenarios.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Buglet

My take on it it has to do with the amount of load on it with out shaking it apart then RPM

Thermodyne

The MoW didn't work out for me on my 114.  Sprocket shaft run out is a real issue for them.  So be sure to check it before you order the MoW.