April 18, 2024, 01:39:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2020 ultra speedo

Started by moose, October 12, 2021, 04:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

any one have a speedo that has what appears to be some type of dripping on the interior of the speedo glass ?  and I assume that the solution is to have it replaced once it stains the glass.
Moose aka Glenn-

FSG

take a look at TA0006: Instrument Gauge Display Streaking  ........  in the Section

cheech

Coincidentally my 2015 has the same issue, in certain light you can see it.
Thanks, FSG!
Though that TA was dated 2016, appears they still haven't resolved it.  :emsad:

Jim Bronson

I had the problem with my 2005 Dyna, and I have it with my 2015 RK. Don't hold your breath for a fix.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

motorhogman

My 01 FLHT has been doing that for 21 years.  Get a stretch of humid weather,  ( as always here in the South) bike sitting for a few days and there it is, usually the fuel ga, volt meter, or ambient temp ga,  sometimes the speedo. For some reason I've never seen the tach do it.
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

wrenchspinner3

I'm on my second instrument cluster assembly(speedo and tach) for my 2019 CVO StreetGlide, which was replaced under warranty. Its worse than the first. After a day of riding in various temperatures, it's like a rain shower inside the instruments. It disappears by the next day, but the stains remain inside the glass. It can be seen under certain lighting conditions, and my first tach wasn't as bad as the first speedo, but the replacement tach actual gets a rainbow effect on the glass after a day of riding and the sun over my shoulder. I'm very disappointed that they can't get this right. It's much more obvious on a CVO due to the darkened bejeweled background. I think this instrument assembly is also sold as an accessory in the Harley catalogue. I'd be pretty upset if I shelled out for the part and installation, only to have the rain forest effect  inside the glass. I'm used to many years of foggy instruments on other Harleys I've had, but usually first thing in the morning and it would go away once the day warmed up. Now it's the opposite, with a virtual rain shower dripping down the inside of the glass by the end of the day..... "they all do that" 

Scooterfish

This falls under the dealer explanation " they all do that " for the last 50 years.  :emoGroan:
Northern Indiana