March 28, 2024, 02:25:57 AM

News:

Burns NhB System for Twin Cam

Started by Ohio HD, October 15, 2021, 01:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

October 15, 2021, 01:16:24 PM Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:53:01 PM by Ohio HD
Guys that have bought the Burns full systems for their TC or M8 bikes. Have you needed to reinforce the mounting system they supply at the transmission cover? I seem to remember some having issues with breaking bracket at the muffler. I haven't seen it yet as I just have ordered it today. But I'm trying to get any info regarding any issues that may have been experienced.

FXR bikes I assume mount in some similar way, away from the frame, and mounted to the transmission so the system moves within the mounts of the motor and transmission.

Deye76

Can't help with that, but the Bassani on my FXR is similar in shape and length. The mount is 1/4" thick and has some gusseting at any bends. Hope the reference helps if the need to modify yours is required.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

PoorUB

A rubber mount at the suspect breaking point might help if it becomes and issue.

https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber-mounts/
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Ohio HD

Quote from: Deye76 on October 16, 2021, 08:03:00 AM
Can't help with that, but the Bassani on my FXR is similar in shape and length. The mount is 1/4" thick and has some gusseting at any bends. Hope the reference helps if the need to modify yours is required.

That's a good idea to strengthen those angles. I have to see what this looks like when it arrives. It may be fine, I just seem to remember some failures some time back.

kd

Brian I have the tried and true fix.  I am just leaving cell range for a few days on a hunting trip. Don't do anything until I get back in a few days.  I'll send you pics and explain.  It is fail proof after 3 yrs and my system is about 6" longer so more wagging tail syndrome.  I did send Ray some pics and he may have them still.
KD

Ohio HD

Thanks Kirk, it's no rush. I don't have the exhaust yet. I don't expect it to ship until sometime next week. Vince has to verify they have all of the TC items in stock.

turboprop

Quote from: Ohio HD on October 15, 2021, 01:16:24 PM
Guys that have bought the Burns full systems for their TC or M8 bikes. Have you needed to reinforce the mounting system they supply at the transmission cover? I seem to remember some having issues with breaking bracket at the muffler. I haven't seen it yet as I just have ordered it today. But I'm trying to get any info regarding any issues that may have been experienced.

FXR bikes I assume mount in some similar way, away from the frame, and mounted to the transmission so the system moves within the mounts of the motor and transmission.

Exhaust mounts for FXRs is somewhat of a black science. Seems themes robust mounting style is then used by RB Racing. Say what you will about dealing with them, but nobody has ever said anything negative about the their mounting brackets for FXRs.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.