April 23, 2024, 01:10:58 AM

News:

Tire repair

Started by 89 fxrs, October 21, 2021, 07:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockout Rocker Products

I've used the Ride On sealant with great results. Preventative rather than fixative tho.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

screem

Quote from: mrmike on October 23, 2021, 05:05:32 PM
Yup, when the last Stop n Go plug started to leak on me while out on the road I pulled into a auto parts store and put some Slime into the tire to seal it up, it worked fine and I got back on the road.

I would have no problem plugging that tire and running it.

Mike
I just picked up a half dozen tire plugging kits for the trucks at work. Slime company makes a great plugging tools and rope plugs ,and glue... the tools are really stout and should last years, they also have plugs and glue availible in seperate packs.

mrmike

Quote from: Hossamania on October 24, 2021, 07:27:52 AM
Quote from: chopper on October 24, 2021, 06:43:40 AM
Quote from: Coyote on October 23, 2021, 05:42:04 PM
I wouldn't use the squirt sealant in anything. JMO of course.  :sick:

:up:  What  he said

I used it once, it didn't really work, and then I forgot to tell the tech I had used it. He was not happy with me when I went to pick up my wheel.

I agree my kids were forever getting holes in their bicycle tires so I bought some new tubes with the Slime already in them, didn't help a bit except it was easy to find the leak just look for the green "Potty mouth" coming out.

I my case I was on the road and the plug had a slow leak so I was looking to buy some time til I got home and in this case it worked.

Needless to say Blackhills Ken was less than pleased with me when I brought the tire in for a change after I told him it had green "Potty mouth" in it. Lol

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

rigidthumper

That slime tends to go everywhere when breaking the bead... :angry: :angry: :angry:
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

SixShooter14

yep, I've had good and bad luck with the various slime products. But it's always a mess for the guy doing the changing.....

Same with the canned fix-a-flat. It can sometimes get ya home, but there's a cost to that crap.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

calif phil

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on October 24, 2021, 07:56:15 AM
I've used the Ride On sealant with great results. Preventative rather than fixative tho.

Ride on is a great product. 

chaos901

Another for Ride On, it does not make a mess when you change the tire either as it stays inside the tire. 
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE