March 28, 2024, 03:38:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Power vision displayng 2.7/1 warmup afr ??

Started by ddave, October 26, 2021, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddave

I am trying to figure out why the power vision on my bike is displaying a warmup afr of 2.7/1.
I think it is correct as bike will not start easily at all and when it does it is blowing out raw gas.

The bike is a 2006 Roadglide with AMS 96" kit, Reinhart 2 into 1and Andrews 37g cams.
It was tuned by a no longer local shop and made 96HP and 112 torque.

The bike sat for 6 months while I was in the process of relocating to another state and since I moved it down here it has started this.
It was stored with Stabil in the tank. Bike does not have o2 sensors installed. I have tried reflashing both the custom map and the factory map, but the warmup afr remains 2.7

Any ideas ??

rigidthumper

Warmup AFR is how much richer the AFR request is during warmup, not requested AFR amount- if the AFR desired table is 14.5 when at normal temp, that table changes the AFR request by XX amount, which tapers off as the system gets temp. A warmup AFR of 2.5 means it will request 12.0 (14.5-2.5) initially, slowly leaning as time expires & temp increases. If your setting starts at 2.7, and your normal running AFR at idle is 14.4, then the AFR request at cold idle will start at 11.7 (14.4-2.7), and gradually lean out to 14.4 (process usually takes a few minutes)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

ddave

OK, Now I understand. So I need to adjust the desired warmed afr to 14 or slightly leaner, because it looks to be set to 11.5 now.
No wonder my mileage sucks  :crook:
Thanks for reply

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

ddave

Bike runs fine now !  Changed plugs and fully charged battery and it fires right up and runs great.
Only thing I can figure is that older plugs and low battery voltage was not giving the coils enough to get a good spark !!??

I guess it was not a tuner or program problem.

Thanks for thoughts on the problem

DDAVE
:slap: