April 25, 2024, 10:27:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

EITMS

Started by Buglet, October 29, 2021, 01:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buglet

I have a 2017 RKS with a stage lV kit and the EITMS kicks in at 180*. It's not even fully warm up yet.   

rigidthumper

I turn it off with the twist grip. EITMS on the later TC & M8s kick in from ambient temp.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Buglet

The ambient temp is 65*  Is they any way to a just it.

rigidthumper

October 29, 2021, 02:30:49 PM #3 Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 02:35:27 PM by rigidthumper
Unfortunately, no. It's an on/off thing.
Key on, run/stop switch in the run position, roll the twist grip forward to the stop & hold for a few seconds, observing the cruise lamp- If it flashes green, it's on (enabled). To change its state, release the twist grip, and roll forward again/hold for a few seconds,  when it flashes orange, it's off (EITMS disabled).
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Buglet

Thank You  That is what I ended up doing.

PoorUB

It really doesn't do much anyway. I always turned mine off as soon as I picked up the bike.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Jim Bronson

Its main function is to freak me out when I'm sitting at a red light in the summer. I turned it off long ago.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

FloridaJim5

Quote from: PoorUB on October 29, 2021, 06:55:46 PM
It really doesn't do much anyway. I always turned mine off as soon as I picked up the bike.

So, can you elaborate.  It may not cool in down, but does it help to keep the temps from continuing to rise?  It's got to at least help the rear cylinder.  I feel like it helps, but I have no data to support it.  I keep it enabled and as it must be helping a little...... I dunno.    :nix: 

PoorUB

It might cool the engine a couple degrees, but it doesn't make it any more pleasant for the rider. On or off it is too freaking hot.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!