March 28, 2024, 05:34:20 AM

News:

Finally got that 9 second slip

Started by Jonny Cash, November 15, 2021, 07:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Cash

I haven't been on here in quite some time. Life threw me a couple curves the last few years and my project took a lot longer than planned. I have moved to another state and another life really. My goal was always to build a 9 second bike that I could still do some street riding. Finally accomplished the goal, and there is still quite a bit in the old girl. 135" engine built by Jim Libonati powers her now, running on E90. Its a 2004 CVO Electraglide that I've converted to an RG, RaceGlide  :smiled: ! I'm still a big guy, suited I'm 280. I have found all the weaknesses that didn't show up at 160 HP, they do at 200+ HP.
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

Ohio HD

Congratulations Kelly.    :up:

That takes some work on your part and as well as on Jim's and Jason's part to get that big girl going down the track like that. No doubt every little detail makes a difference in success or not.

Great accomplishment!   

jsachs1

Jonny Cash

Quote from: Ohio HD on November 15, 2021, 08:41:00 AMCongratulations Kelly.    :up:

That takes some work on your part and as well as on Jim's and Jason's part to get that big girl going down the track like that. No doubt every little detail makes a difference in success or not.

Great accomplishment!   
Its got afew more tenths in it, my gearing was really wrong etc. Jim and Jason did a tremendous job, and the Maxxecu has turned out to be something i have become quite proficient with, its rally similar to PLC like I use in the water systems. You build logic chains to configure what you want the bike to do.
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

Ohio HD

Quote from: Jonny Cash on November 18, 2021, 07:25:29 AM
Quote from: Ohio HD on November 15, 2021, 08:41:00 AMCongratulations Kelly.    :up:

Great accomplishment!   
Its got afew more tenths in it, my gearing was really wrong etc. Jim and Jason did a tremendous job, and the Maxxecu has turned out to be something i have become quite proficient with, its rally similar to PLC like I use in the water systems. You build logic chains to configure what you want the bike to do.

That's good stuff. I'm pretty familiar with ladder logic as well. I think I last used Allen Bradley's software, it's been several years since I've done that type of work.