April 19, 2024, 09:57:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

4.310 pistons

Started by BigT, November 20, 2021, 06:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigT

Does CP make a 4.310 piston to use with the SE cylinders to take a 107" to 128"? I'm thinking about bumping up my 124" to 128" for a few more cu.inches and a bump in compression.

Don D

November 21, 2021, 07:18:41 AM #1 Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 07:23:29 AM by HD Street Performance
Of course they will make them but cost and delivery may scare you, not a shelf item. Boring the 124" cylinders is much more viable to 126". But now we are going to look at the whole discussion of how much time and labor is spent to get 2 cubic inches. Best way to go up on that 107 is to stroke it. Factory crank is under $800. We aren't seeing issues with them in performance applications unless the motors are very large and getting whipped on. Randy or Gardner Racing Concepts can help with the cranks as far as reworking them. But cost starts getting in the way again now as the S&S 4.625" crank becomes within view.

BigT

I see that Mahale makes them for Suburban Speed but they seems to be lighter than my current pistons. Darkhorse already balanced the crank with Carrillo rods and pistons when I built the 124". The Mahale pistons are listed as 528g and the CPs were 590.5g assembled.

Don D

It is not anything I am interested in. If I can't hone the cylinders to finish size myself I have had too many disappointments lately with QC.

JSD

FSG