April 25, 2024, 06:18:58 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Valve stem type

Started by 89 fxrs, November 26, 2021, 08:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89 fxrs

Had a pretty slow leak on my rear tire - about 3-4 lbs. a week, finally figured out it was a bad valve stem, it's leaking from the base, this is on a set of stock Harley enforcers wheels. the stems I have currently on the wheels are rubber, but on my cvo the stems are metal -any opinion on which ones are better rubber or metal? Also I was reading about some valve stems that can be installed from the outside in from a company called Hardline anyone ever used that product?
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

FSG

November 26, 2021, 10:00:54 PM #1 Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:27:02 PM by FSG
metal stems  :up:

Never heard of Hardline until now, but I can see their use

CLICK THE PIC

89 fxrs

Quote from: FSG on November 26, 2021, 10:00:54 PMmetal stems   :up:

Never heard of Hardline until now, but I can see their use

FSG - would you happen to know the size (diameter) of the valve stem I need for those stock enforcer wheels?

FSG

.453"    if you click that image it'll take you to the www site ...

89 fxrs

Ohio HD

Those stems are pricey, but it would be a good idea to have them along for the just in case. I'll order a pair and put one on each bike for emergencies.

calif phil

Years ago a buddy of mine was traveling back to LA from the Laughlin River run when a bungee cord let loose and somehow ripped the valve stem off his rear wheel. Leaving him stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.  Something like that would have been a lifesaver for him. 

motorhogman

Quote from: Ohio HD on November 27, 2021, 11:56:40 AMThose stems are pricey, but it would be a good idea to have them along for the just in case. I'll order a pair and put one on each bike for emergencies.

Yes they are big $$$$  When I searched I found many other options of the same design. Some are less than half the cost.  Great post. I had no clue they existed.
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

FSG