April 23, 2024, 10:11:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Case pressure data

Started by hrdtail78, November 27, 2021, 06:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

Quote from: Ohio HD on April 21, 2022, 11:04:09 PMMany have great results using these inexpensive one way check valves that S&S sells. I'm pretty sure that they come with the S&S crate motors.

I run OEM breathers on my 124" Twin Cam. No problems them them. I all I ever see in the catch can is some dirty water from condensation within the motor. 

50-8122 S&S Cycle

Can be had at NAPA in different barb sizes. A bit cheaper also.

I have seen these mostly used inline, below the rocker box on the way to bottom of bike or catch can.  Haven't seen any problems because they are down stream. 
Semper Fi

Ohio HD

Quote from: hrdtail78 on April 22, 2022, 06:05:18 AM
Quote from: Ohio HD on April 21, 2022, 11:04:09 PMMany have great results using these inexpensive one way check valves that S&S sells. I'm pretty sure that they come with the S&S crate motors.

I run OEM breathers on my 124" Twin Cam. No problems them them. I all I ever see in the catch can is some dirty water from condensation within the motor. 

50-8122 S&S Cycle

Can be had at NAPA in different barb sizes. A bit cheaper also.

I have seen these mostly used inline, below the rocker box on the way to bottom of bike or catch can.  Haven't seen any problems because they are down stream. 

Yes, Amazon is another less expensive alternative to purchase them.

60Gunner

That's where I saw it. $8 and change. I went with what I did because it uses the same reed valve that's been street and track tested in the BMW twins that also have both pistons going up and down(actually in and out) at the same time. I knew it could handle the rapid pulses.

The actual reed valve...

build it

Hrdtail answering questions people have been guessing at since 99(?)
Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

60Gunner

The moco has been guessing at it a lot longer than that.