April 18, 2024, 07:40:28 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

cleanng up corrosion

Started by Little Al, November 30, 2021, 05:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fugawee

I just magnified that picture at 500%, and broke out the ol' magnifyin' glass.  It looks like a plug wire to Me also.  But...You know better than Me.
You may be pleasantly surprised as what some cleaner, soft brush, water, and elbow grease will do to that Bike as it sits right now.  Do You keep the Pan, and the FLT in the same storage shed?
Good Luck in the Cleaning, and Getting it Running, pre-sale ordeal.  I hope that You get what You want, or close to what You want for it.

turboprop

Quote from: Little Al on December 01, 2021, 03:48:19 PMit's an FXRT I've attached a few lousy pics of where she's resting right now, my office, lol
I think I'll combine some of the advice you guys have given me: spend a weekend getting her as cleaned up as I can without extraordinary measures or money and then a single Saturday to get her running then sell her. I've been stalling for months, I really hate to part with her but I need the money. At least I get to keep my Panhead and Roadglide.

Even without any of the -RT 'stuff', that troublehead is worth more that most would expect. RT's in good shape with all the stuff routinely sell for $15k, a trouble head  model would be a little more. This bike would be a lot of fun to restore to oem condition. Someone is out there right now looking for a bike just like this. It will sell. Advertise it as an FXRT, be prepared to show the portion of the vin number that indicates it 's an -RT model.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

JW113

If I had room in my shop, I'd love to have a project bike like that. Hey anybody wanna buy a 2004 Road King?
 :hyst:

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

cheech

Quote from: turboprop on December 02, 2021, 07:52:04 AMEven without any of the -RT 'stuff', that troublehead is worth more that most would expect. RT's in good shape with all the stuff routinely sell for $15k, a trouble head  model would be a little more. This bike would be a lot of fun to restore to oem condition. Someone is out there right now looking for a bike just like this. It will sell. Advertise it as an FXRT, be prepared to show the portion of the vin number that indicates it 's an -RT model.

You're already giving up on it?  :nix:
You would of done it some justice.

Little Al

omg I am SUCH an idiot. I must have been thinking about my Pan. She is in fact duel plugged! :oops:
Little Al