April 24, 2024, 03:44:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ventilator

Started by NHBagger, December 01, 2021, 11:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHBagger

M8 117 CVOs come stock with a ventilator air cleaner assembly. From what I've read, it won't support a cam/exhaust/tuner upgrade.
What's the go to replacement? Would really like external breathers also, but not many kits come that way.

hrdtail78

For cost and performance.  I really like the S&S stealth.  Easily modded for external breathing if wanted.  Has a taller filter option if you think you are heading in the 130 plus area.   
Semper Fi

HogMike

Quote from: NHBagger on December 01, 2021, 11:42:17 AMM8 117 CVOs come stock with a ventilator air cleaner assembly. From what I've read, it won't support a cam/exhaust/tuner upgrade.
What's the go to replacement? Would really like external breathers also, but not many kits come that way.

Depending on what cam/exhaust/tuner.

Fuel Moto sells an upgraded "ventilator" that will support 140-150 square +/-.
JME
:missed:

HOGMIKE
SoCal

NHBagger

Should have mentioned it's a trike so no really big numbers. Guessing with CR480 cam, torque may be in the 125 range?
Decat header with Grand Nationals and PV.

HogMike

Quote from: HogMike on December 01, 2021, 12:38:11 PM
Quote from: NHBagger on December 01, 2021, 11:42:17 AMM8 117 CVOs come stock with a ventilator air cleaner assembly. From what I've read, it won't support a cam/exhaust/tuner upgrade.

Depending on what cam/exhaust/tuner.

Fuel Moto sells an upgraded "ventilator" that will support 140-150 square +/-.
External breathers are easy, do a search and a couple of different ways will pop up. I used that on mine and they worked out great, no more oil in the TB.
JME
:missed:

HOGMIKE
SoCal

FLSTFIDave

For anything much over Stock, a bigger filter to fit the ventilator.
2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy

Deye76

The o'l Ness Big Sucker plenty for a stage II. If your handy can be made to vent to a can. Or use Seafoam often.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

NHBagger

Quote from: hrdtail78 on December 01, 2021, 12:11:31 PMFor cost and performance.  I really like the S&S stealth.  Easily modded for external breathing if wanted.  Has a taller filter option if you think you are heading in the 130 plus area.   
Been looking around and that seems to be the best bang for the buck?

HogMike

Quote from: NHBagger on December 03, 2021, 02:04:42 PM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on December 01, 2021, 12:11:31 PMFor cost and performance.  I really like the S&S stealth.  Easily modded for external breathing if wanted.  Has a taller filter option if you think you are heading in the 130 plus area.   
Been looking around and that seems to be the best bang for the buck?

I may have paid a little more for my fuel Moto one, but it's all about "stealth" on my 2019 cvo.
 :potstir:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Clayton24

I use the SE ventilator extreme filter and cover with the oe ventilator backing plate . It will support upto 150's i think

NHBagger

Anyone have any experience with the S&S air stinger? Little different design than the Stealth.

FranBunnyFFXII

I have been told by Jord_HD, a harley engine builder on reddit that the SE Ventilator/stock 114 engine intake with the KN Filter will support engines up to 125hp, but it begins to struggle around that area.
So it's good for engines that you're aiming for ≤ 120hp.
2018 Fat Boy 114 "Rayearth" Resurgence Limited Paint, 20/150. Stage 2 SE-447

NHBagger

Quote from: FranBunnyFFXII on January 21, 2022, 06:11:17 PM
I have been told by Jord_HD, a harley engine builder on reddit that the SE Ventilator/stock 114 engine intake with the KN Filter will support engines up to 125hp, but it begins to struggle around that area.

To late. Picked up a used Ventilator Extreme and going to add external breathers.

FLSTFIDave

Quote from: NHBagger on January 22, 2022, 10:31:35 AM
Quote from: FranBunnyFFXII on January 21, 2022, 06:11:17 PM

To late. Picked up a used Ventilator Extreme and going to add external breathers.
Ventilator Extreme flows a lot more air than the ventilator. 

ventilator extreme
2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy