May 03, 2024, 12:49:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

58mm tb flanges and gaskets

Started by Raleigh111, December 12, 2021, 05:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raleigh111

Are there different part numbers for the 58mm se tb vs the stock 50 on twin cams. Asking about the mounting flanges and rubber seals.
Harleys are addicting and im out of money. Accepting donations! 120 132hp 146tq

rigidthumper

Yes. Flange is the same one they used on the 44mm CV carb, 27059-05A (2)
Also will need seals, 27035-05 (2)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Raleigh111

Quote from: rigidthumper on December 12, 2021, 05:42:02 PMYes. Flange is the same one they used on the 44mm CV carb, 27059-05A (2)
Also will need seals, 27035-05 (2)
thanks!

With that said my s&s cylinders I think  are .100 taller and stock style heads not decked ,, but head gasket .035  vs .045 20 so overall .090 taller. Am I going to have problems sealing?  I would think it will be okay?

kd

You really need more info to answer that question. 

How's your deck height?  Have you checked it yet?  If the pistons are in the hole and you trim the barrels to zero them you can add that difference on.

A .030 head gasket is a common choice to control pinging by having good swirl in the combustion chamber so there's another.005. 

Base gaskets replacing o-rings? = going the other way?

What heads (OEM?) and cc chambers?  Will you have to trim them to reduce the CC's to reach your compression target?

If you have a ballpark .090 (+1/16") now and the 45 degree offset of the barrels in the calculation to find the distance across between the intake port surfaces on the heads you need the formula. I have seen it used here.

I guess my point is there are lots of influencing factors before you can do the manifold fitting. You may be able to get .010 or double that back before assembly.
KD

Raleigh111

Quote from: kd on December 12, 2021, 08:41:25 PMYou really need more info to answer that question. 

How's your deck height?  Have you checked it yet?  If the pistons are in the hole and you trim the barrels to zero them you can add that difference on.

A .030 head gasket is a common choice to control pinging by having good swirl in the combustion chamber so there's another.005. 

Base gaskets replacing o-rings? = going the other way?

What heads (OEM?) and cc chambers?  Will you have to trim them to reduce the CC's to reach your compression target?

If you have a ballpark .090 (+1/16") now and the 45 degree offset of the barrels in the calculation to find the distance across between the intake port surfaces on the heads you need the formula. I have seen it used here.

I guess my point is there are lots of influencing factors before you can do the manifold fitting. You may be able to get .010 or double that back before assembly.
Most of what you asked is done, deck height is zero with .018 base, heads ended up 90.4 cc but only .005 taken off and they are stock twin cam heads worked over by HD, I guess only thing that could be off some is .018 base added to .100 but cylinders were decked to get .000 so that will be less. It's a 124 built off twin cam cases.