April 24, 2024, 11:17:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Pre-Painted Inner and Outer Fairing

Started by Ohio HD, December 07, 2021, 06:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

I'm looking at replacing the inner and outer fairing on my 2008 Street Glide. I want to get these pre-painted my OEM color match of Crimson Red Sunglow. I'm finding a few places on the web that sells aftermarket parts that are factory painted. One of the companies I'm looking at is HogWorkz. They seem to have a lot of good feedback, and are also sold by some major retailers of HD parts.

I'm looking for feedback on them and any other's that you have personal experience with. The normal things I'm interest in hearing is:

(1) How was the fit
(2) Quality of the parts
(3) Quality of the paint finish
(4) And if possible how have they held up over time

03rg

Another one I have heard of is Fairing Xchange. It's an interesting niche business model. I've never used them myself but have heard some good reviews.

NHBagger

Quote from: 03rg on December 08, 2021, 04:11:28 PMAnother one I have heard of is Fairing Xchange. It's an interesting niche business model. I've never used them myself but have heard some good reviews.

Friend of mine had used them for an inner a couple of times on different bikes. They actually did the swap at an event. Seemed to be good quality. Not sure if they do outer fairings though.

tomcat64

We have installed a couple of the "cheap Chinese" inner fairing, on both the paint match was great, but they missed painting some of the edges, like the "phone door edge" and every gauge "hole" was a little crooked, not by much, but it would drove an OCD guy like me crazy!

Ohio HD

I appreciate that feedback Tom. I too don't like misfit parts.

Fairing Exchange does use OEM parts so they say. But they don't offer the outer fairing as far as I know.

tomcat64

Quote from: Ohio HD on December 09, 2021, 06:22:57 AMI appreciate that feedback Tom. I too don't like misfit parts.

Fairing Exchange does use OEM parts so they say. But they don't offer the outer fairing as far as I know.

I believe they do, the ones I am talking about is the really cheap, rhymes with VANMAN and ends in Black. Both boxes we had here had about 200 Chinese postage stamps on them!

cbumdumb

calif phil

I had a guy in showing me the deal he got on a chopped tourpak for his M8 FLHX.  It looked nice, but once I opened the lid, it was the flimsiest tourpak I have ever seen.  Maybe he want his ol lady to fall off the back.  :hyst:

I don't know what brand it was, I wanted to say, don't buy parts for your bike on Facebook. But I told him it looked nice. 

Buglet

You are a good salesman tell him what he want's hear.

HighLiner

Has the HD paint shop discontinued the older generation fairings?

Ohio HD

They still sell them, but they won't paint an inner fairing anything but OEM.

Anyway now I'm planning to change the color of red, so it'll wait till next winter after all off the mechanical work is done this year. And I'll have a paint shop paint all of my parts. Mechanically, basically all new. Motor, transmission, front end rebuild, rear end rebuild (all swing arm bearings, etc.), new larger front rotors and calipers, chain drive, altered primary gearing. Basically a new 2008 Street Glide 124", like they should have come out.

Raleigh111

Just curious what you are doing with front forks? I have tried many different setups except ohlin fork cartridges.
Harleys are addicting and im out of money. Accepting donations! 120 132hp 146tq

Ohio HD

Parts from Race Tech to rebuild and set up the front suspension.

Race Tech

FloridaJim5

Just ran across this today and thought you might appreciate the link.

Looks like Hogworkz might have what you need:   

https://hogworkz.com/harley-parts/fairings/inner-outer-harley-fairings.html