April 28, 2024, 09:58:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

header wrap

Started by roadkingdresser, November 24, 2022, 10:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

Got a 07 roadking 110 with rinehart exhaust,the cross over on the rear cylinder under the leg puts off immense heat. Anybody have the same problem with exhaust pipe on rear cylinder?
If so what did you remedy the problem with? Don't really want to take the heat shield clear off,I know there isn't much room to play with. Thanks
roadkingdresser

Hossamania

Header wrap is not ideal but may be  an option if no other solutions found. A good tune often helps with heat.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

kd

If by heat shield you mean the chrome shield attached to the head pipe, you may want to consider adding the frame mounted shield that attaches to the underside of the frame above the rear rocker cover(if you don't already have one).  Your other option is to get the tune checked and if necessary retuned.  It is common to have a hot running engine when poorly tuned or having a degraded tune.  Many here have reported the most success by tuning rather than devices.
KD

Breeze

I had that heat problem with my '07 Electra Glide. The reason is no much exhaust gas makes the "backward" turn on the stock header pipe to go out of the left side. I bought and installed the economical "true-dual" conversion that was popular at the time. It reuses your stock heat shields. It helped a lot in reducing the temp on my right leg. I can't recall the company that makes the kit, but others may chime in. I also installed the plastic wings that attach to the frame at the nose of the saddle, they helped also.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Leed

I used Fulsac's True Dual setup on my 06 Electra Glide. That's probably who you mean. Easy installation and about $200.

harpwrench

I cut a section of extra heat shield and clamped it around the pipe right on top of the Rinehart heat shield, next to the LH floorboard, to keep it from melting my wife's shoe.

hrdtail78

Another fan of the Ful Sac solution.
Semper Fi