April 20, 2024, 03:35:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

CP Carrillo Rod Width

Started by Ohio HD, December 13, 2021, 04:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

December 13, 2021, 04:17:02 AM Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 10:22:19 AM by Ohio HD
Might anyone know the side to side width of the CP Carrillo rods for HD Twin Cam motors is? This would be the left to right width.

turboprop

I have a set at my house that I can measure for you. Unfortunately, I will not be home until Saturday.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Ohio HD

That will be fine. I appreciate it. Hopefully they're less that 0.684" Wide. 

rigidthumper

No grinder at your house?  :smiled:
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ohio HD

Yeah, but I'd like to buy one of these from Vulcan when they're back in stock. These are designed to fit in cases bored for 4.125" cylinders. I hope to not grind on it. I guess I could use a band saw....  :embarrassed:

The piston locks that CP uses, they're like trying to put a 1.000" steel square bar in a 1.000" round hole. Need the piston on a firm surface.

Vulcan told me the width of the tool opening is 0.684". If the Carrillo rod fits in there I'm golden. Otherwise I'll need to make one. Or modify theirs, open it up and then add a shim so it can be used on standard I beam rods. 

Raleigh111

Harleys are addicting and im out of money. Accepting donations! 120 132hp 146tq

Ohio HD

You're running  Carrillo Rods?

Raleigh111

Quote from: Ohio HD on December 13, 2021, 04:24:41 PMYou're running  Carrillo Rods?

That what it says on my invoice from Darkhorse. 😁

Ohio HD

Ok, thanks. They must design them near OEM dimension.

Raleigh111

December 13, 2021, 04:35:25 PM #9 Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 04:40:55 PM by Raleigh111
You cannot see attachments on this board.
Quote from: Ohio HD on December 13, 2021, 04:30:49 PMOk, thanks. They must design them near OEM dimension.
Here you go.
Nice I could help you with something. Now it's 1-100 lol

hrdtail78

Do you have one of these?You cannot see attachments on this board.
Semper Fi

turboprop

'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Ohio HD

Quote from: hrdtail78 on December 14, 2021, 08:27:28 AMDo you have one of these?

I remember seeing these a few years back. Seemed that they were pretty scarce, and at that time I think a private company. It looks like these are now sold through CP Carrillo. I searched the net and came up empty handed. The only site I could find that would let me order them and they drop ship from the manufacturer is Summit Racing. So I ordered some, and just emailed their customer service about ordering the 0.073 tool. Summit doesn't show the tool on their site. If I have to I can use  steel tube to install them.