May 05, 2024, 03:17:04 PM

News:

Woods TW9BG cams and miles

Started by itsafatboy, March 15, 2022, 03:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

Wondering what miles people have with the woods cams , mostly the TW9BG mine are lucky ones not clacking but i know they are fast ramp and just want milage numbers on bikes that use them , was going to swap to mackie 598 so more friendly on top end but just seems like waste of money ,

116"
11.1 comp
woods gear drive tw9bg

Don D

It depends on what was done to the heads. Springs and guides specifically. Rocker bushings are another wear item.

itsafatboy

i did the woods(PSI) springs the 160 run at about 170 seat , have R&R roller rockers , RR 2 piece Gear drive cam plate setup with thayer oil pump,  SS rocker covers

Don D

itsafatboy

well crap i dont remeber they are Zippers big billet heads , they had the guides in them i remeber they were brass color haha sory just dont remember when we did it well shop did it, remember seals were white ones , and the guides were brass color i think , they are what cam in those heads and of course they dont sell or make the billet heads any longer

Don D

Bob, bronze guides have made a big evolution. No way of knowing what you have unless Zippers has the specs. The current Kibblewhite C630 guides and AV&V manganese bronze are excellent.

itsafatboy

thank you , ill ask zippers they sold me the heads back then  , thanks again

JSD

AV&V bronze and same brand valves with .619 crane cams. As Don says good.

itsafatboy

Dan at zippers said they came with cast iron guides when i got these heads ,

Don D

I am sure they use premium parts and you should be fine.